~ Chapter 23

Bear :
What do you mean well fuck???

Jeongguk had put his phone on the bed and was now pressing the back of his hands on his cheeks in a vain attempt to make the blush go away. He never had someone compliment him like this before. People always told him he looked like a kid, or that he had a big nose (which became a big complex of his), or that he was overall too chubby (until he lost weight two years ago when he had started running).

Therefore, Taehyung's compliment made him very flustered. Someone thought he was "hot as hell". Plus it wasn't just anyone. It was Kim Taehyung. And he didn't say it to make him feel better, because he didn't know who he was talking to. Jeongguk looked back at him and their eyes locked for a few seconds before Taehyung broke the eye contact, clearing his throat.

"So... Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, looking at the wall.

"I guess..." Jeongguk answered, letting his hands fall on his lap.

"It doesn't... Hm I mean did it hurt?"

"It hurt my ego for sure." Jeongguk said, hoping it would make Taehyung smile, and ease the tension in the room. And it worked, even better than he hoped, because soon a light chuckle left the older's lips as he finally decided to face the younger. He walked towards him and looked at Jeongguk's hand, frowning. He took the younger's hands in his, which almost made Jeongguk jump, to look at them up close.

"It looks pretty bad."

Jeongguk hummed even though he didn't hear what Taehyung said. He didn't hear it, for the simple reason that he was internally freaking out. Kim Taehyung was holding his hands. Kim Taehyung was talking to him. Kim Taehyung had seen him shirtless. Oh fuck.

"Jeongguk?"

Jeongguk looked back at Taehyung. The latter was raising a brow, as if he asked a question and was waiting for the answer. The younger mentally cursed. He was so focused on not blushing that he, once again, didn't hear what Taehyung said.

"Sorry what?"

Taehyung chuckled once again, and Jeongguk decided this was definitely the prettiest sound on earth. He then gave the younger a bright square smile. And Jeongguk decided this was the prettiest smile on earth. Taehyung was the prettiest person on earth.

"I asked why we are still here? You look like you can come back to class."

"We're waiting for the nurse and Yug."

At the very second Jeongguk finished his sentence, the door of the infirmary was opened and Yugyeom and the nurse entered. If Jeongguk was paying attention, he would have seen how Yugyeom's stare was fixed on his and Taehyung's hands, but Jeongguk was once again not paying attention to anything.

The nurse cleaned the wounds on his hands and asked if he was hurt anywhere else. Jeongguk hesitated for a few seconds but decided his embarrassment was not worth having a infection, so he raised his shirt to show his side. The nurse started to clean the wound while Yugyeom was looking away, blushing and Taehyung was very much not looking away. Jeongguk saw his phone screen lit up twice and smiled.

Bear :
He lifted his shirt again
I'm in heaven