~ Chapter 49

Jeongguk took his phone out, waiting for Taehyung to get back in the room after his shower. Soon enough, the older came back in the bedroom, wearing bright blue pyjamas. Jeongguk couldn't help but stare. Since Taehyung had sent him that picture of his newly dyed hair with the blue set of pyjamas, Jeongguk had wondered if he would ever see him wearing it.

"Your turn. You stink." Taehyung said, taking ahold of Jeongguk and making him stand up. Jeongguk snapped out of his daze and frowned. He did not stink. Namjoon had just spilled his fifth shot of vodka on his hair. The younger gladly left and was soon in the shower, relaxing under the hot water.

When he got back to the room, Taehyung was sitting on the bed, intensely looking at the package in his hand. Jeongguk smiled and sat next to him, nodding when Taehyung looked back at him. Soon, the older ripped off the package and opened the box. Inside the box was a plushy. More precisely, the plush of a bear. Taehyung smiled brightly, holding the bear as if it was the most precious thing he owned.

"Thank you!" Taehyung gliggled, hugging the bear. He then put it on his lap and hugged Jeongguk, circling his waist with his arms, making him fall backward on the bed, giggling.

"You giggle every five seconds when you're drunk."

"I'm not drunk."

Jeongguk hummed, rolling his eyes. He was drunk. The older hummed lightly while readjusting himself so that his head was in the younger's neck. Jeongguk put his legs around the other, making him laugh. Then, the older kissed the younger's neck, out of nowhere. Jeongguk could swear he felt his heartbeat stop for a second. He froze in the bed, not even breathing at this point.

"Do you like hickeys?" Taehyung bluntly asked.

"W-what?"

"I don't think I know how to do hickeys. If we get together I should learn how to do hickeys."

"So you're planning on getting together? That's weird because last time I asked for a date you said you would rather go as friends."

Taehyung hummed, leaving a second kiss on the other's neck, making his breath hitch. "Cause I was flustered. We would make a good couple. But I don't know how to do hickeys.. Oh I know! Can I try it out?" Taehyung asked, raising his head to look at the other, whose cheeks were redder than tomatoes.

"What?"

"Can I try to give you a hickey?"

"You're so blunt right now oh my god." Jeongguk said, looking away.

"Well even if we don't end up together maybe my next boyfriend will like hickeys so I need to learn."

"What will your parents say if they see I have a hickey?"

"They're not here, haven't you noticed? They left for my grandma's house earlier today. My mother is gonna come to get me tomorrow afternoon so we spend new year with her."

That explained why a bunch of teenagers could drink and play loud music in a house without anyone complaining. Jeongguk had spent the night wondering how Taehyung's parents hadn't come downstairs to shout at them once.

"So? Can I try to do a hickey?"

Jeongguk would lie if he said he didn't want to get a hickey from Taehyung. Two quick pecks had already messed up his breathing, he could only imagine what a hickey would do to him. He only realised the word "sure" left his mouth when Taehyung's lips were back on his neck, sucking on the skin. Jeongguk's heartbeat increased quickly and he closed his eyes, tightening his grip on the other's waist. After a while, which only felt like two seconds to Jeongguk, as he was deeply enjoying the feeling, Taehyung let go of his neck and looked at it. Soon, a bright, boxy smile appeared on his features and he giggled, once again.

"Oh I guess it's not that hard after all, I did it. See we can get together."

"Oh my god. Stop being so blunt. You may not even remember this tomorrow."

"I'm not drunk!"

"Sure you're not."

Jeongguk stood up to close the door, locked it, switched off the light and went back to the bed where Taehyung right away nuzzled in his arms. Jeongguk once again thought about how weird all of this was. What were they? Were they just friends? Friends wouldn't "learn how to do hickeys" on each other though. But they weren't boyfriends. He was very confused. And he really hoped Taehyung wouldn't remember this the next morning.