~ Chapter 40 ~

After five minutes of hugging without talking, Taehyung whispered "i'm sorry". It was so faint Jeongguk almost thought he imagined it. He hugged him tighter for a while before someone cleared their throat behind them. They both looked at where the voice was coming from and saw Taehyung's mother, hands on her hips and left eyebrow raised. Jeongguk let go of Taehyung, clearing his own throat.

"Hey mom."

"Good evening, Madam. I'm Taehyung's friend, Jeongguk, i'm pleased to meet you."

Jeongguk shook the woman's hand, smiling brightly. The mother looked pleased with him and motioned for them to enter. When they did so, she whispered something to Taehyung and left. Taehyung suddenly turned to Jeongguk and blushed. His hand got a home on his nape.

"Uh I can show you my room. And then we can order something in maybe? My parents are leaving to eat outside tonight. It's a date."

Jeongguk smiled and nodded, while following Taehyung up the stairs. When they entered the room, Jeongguk's eyebrow raised high. The bed was in the middle of the room. Quite literally. In the very middle. Taehyung saw the younger staring at his bed, and felt the need to explain.

"When I was younger, Joon and I moved the bed to the middle of the room to play pirates. It was our ship in the sea you know. And it kind of never went back to where it was before. I got used to it."

"That's so cute." Jeongguk laughed. Taehyung's cheeks took a brighter color but Jeongguk decided not to mention anything. Suddenly, they heard someone yelling from downstairs.

"We're going bear. Have fun tonight. Don't ruin the house."

Taehyung yelled back a "okay" while Jeongguk was looking through everything else in the room. It was quite a lovely room. Every wall were white, but a lot of pictures were hung, so it didn't look dull. Jeongguk recognised two paintings of Van Gogh, which made him smile, while Taehyung was just looking at Jeongguk's back, lost in thoughts. He just couldn't believe his crush was in his room. His crush who was also his friend. Who also knew very well he was his crush. How did he end up in such a mess?

"You have a nice room." Jeongguk smiled, tearing Taehyung away from his thoughts. He only hummed mindlessly. "Can I use your shower right now?"

"Uh? Oh yeah you can. It's the blue door. Is pizza okay?"

Jeongguk hummed while turning around to find the blue door. He entered the room while Taehyung took his phone out and flopped on his bed, looking for a pizzeria. He found one and ordered right away, going for pepperoni just to be safe, and waited for Jeongguk to be finished.

After ten minutes, Jeongguk had finished his shower and came out of the bathroom, wearing a white tshirt which stuck to his damp body, and grey sweatpants, drying his hair with a towel. If he had paid attention to Taehyung, he would have seen how his jaw dropped to the ground at the sight, and how his eyes roammed his body, while his lower lip was being bitten and his cheeks were getting red. If he had paid attention, he would have seen through Taehyung's eyes how much he was wanted. But he wasn't paying attention, so he didn't see any of that.

"Did you order?"

"Uh?" Taehyung suddenly snapped out of his gaze and was relieved when he noticed Jeongguk was not looking at him. How embarassing it would have been if he had seen he was clearly eye fucking him. "Oh yeah the pizza. Yeah I ordered."

"What are we doing tonight?" Jeongguk asked, putting his towel on the back of a chair to let it dry. Taehyung shrugged while Jeongguk sat down next to him. Their legs were touching. Taehyung clearly had trouble focusing on anything else than the younger's body and cleared his throat, fighting back a blush.

"We can watch a movie.. I have games too... do you like Mario kart?"

"Is that even a question?"

And that's how they ended up playing Mario Kart for the entire evening, stopping only to eat their pizza. Jeongguk won the first few games, but seeing how happy Taehyung became when he won one race, he misteriously became less good, and Taehyung ended up first every time.