Chapter 33

Jeongguk opened his locker a bit harshly. He hadn't talked to Taehyung since the day before. He didn't sleep that night. And people had been giving him looks all day. He was glad today was over. And since it was friday, the week would be over very soon too.

After puting what he wouldn't need in his locker, Jeongguk closed it and turned around to finally leave the building. He only had one thought running in his mind right now. My bed. I want my bed. Suddenly, a hand grabbed onto his arm and stopped him in his track. He huffed in annoyance before he even knew who it was. I just want to get back to my bed and sleep, it that too much to ask?

When he turned around, he was greeted by an awkward looking Yugyeom. This made him even more annoyed, and a harsh "what?" left his lips. Yugyeom didn't seem phased though, he just let go of his arm and threw his hand in his pocket.

"We should talk don't you think?"

"No. I don't think we should talk. Bye."

Jeongguk turned around once again and started walking. He didn't know why he was so mad at Yugyeom. Of course it wasn't his fault if some asshole decided to start a rumor about them. But Jeongguk couldn't blame himself, and this was the kind of situations where you just had to blame someone. So Yugyeom it was.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think it would go this far. I didn't tweet about it! It wasn't me! I guess it still is my fault since I started it kind of but I didn't-"

"You started it?" Jeongguk cut him off, turning around.

"Well... I.. It's because they were annoying you know.. Kept asking who was my last kiss and I don't know I just said the first name that came to mind and-"

"You are saying you started the rumor?"

"Well yeah but I didn't mean to..."

Okay, maybe it was his fault. Jeongguk was fuming. He never was the kind of person to get mad easily, but his lack of sleep was messing with his patience.

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

Yugyeom did flinch at the sudden change of voice. But instead of looking like a sad puppy, as Jeongguk was expecting, his eyes suddenly took a darker tone. It was almost as if a switch had been turned on because of that one sentence. He took a step forward. Jeongguk did not take a step backward. Jeongguk had promised himself two years ago that he wouldn't step backward anymore, not because of anyone.

"Oh come on. That's a little harsh Jaykay. You act like you're super mad at me."

"Because I am?"

Both of them frowned. It came out more like a question, which surprised Jeongguk. He didn't think his voice would be unsteady. Why was his body acting like he was scared? He wasn't scared. He was talking to Yugyeom. His friend. He didn't have any reason to be scared of him. Yugyeom wouldn't hurt him. Not intentionally at least.

"Come on Jeongguk drop the mask. I was making you a favor."

"A favor! What kind of favor is that?"

Yugyeom took a step forward. This time, Jeongguk had to physically stop himself from stepping backward. A chill went down his spine. He was so foccused on wondering why he felt like he wanted to run away, that it took him a few second to realise Yugyeom's fingers were on his jaw. When he did realise, he snapped them away.

"What the hell?"

"Come on Jeongguk I know you would love to date me."

"What?"

"I'm not dumb. I see how you're more open when with me. You smile to me a lot, crack jokes and stuff."

"Because we're friends?"

Jeongguk didn't like where this was going. He didn't like it one bit. The fact that they were alone in the hallways made him nervous. He was scared of what could happen. He gasped when Yugyeom suddenly grabbed his waist to attach his body to his own.

"You even took off your shirt while I was in the room."

"I was hurt! Let go of me."

Jeongguk didn't have time to push Yugyeom off of him before the latter took posession of his lips with his own. Jeongguk's eyes widdened. His world felt like it was breaking. Yugyeom was kissing him. Yugyeom was kissing him without his permission. Jeongguk was being taken advantage of.

He didn't know what to do. He tried pushing him away, but as it turns out, Yugyeom had a strong grip. He felt helpless and disgusting. So he did the second thing that came to his mind, and bit his lower lip harshly. Yugyeom gasped and let Jeongguk go, raising his hand to his lip, which was bleeding.

"What the fuck!"

Jeongguk punched him, hard enough to make him fall to the ground. He didn't hesitate. It felt like the right thing to do. Tears of anger were fluding his eyes. Yugyeom gasped again and looked up at Jeongguk after a few seconds.

"Don't. Ever. Touch me again."

He didn't wait for an answer. Probably because he didn't want to hear anything from him anymore, but mostly because he was on the verge of crying hard, and had to leave the building right now. And so he did. He left Yugyeom there, on his knees, not looking back.