XIV

Snowflakes continues to fall on the ground until it completely vanished, the surroundings went silent only the sound of the wind hitting the trees and houses are the cause of noises, Hyejoo was left alone by herself, her father went to his work while her stepmother went to the mall with her son, she didn't want the two to stay with her either so she just let them go although her father asked them to look after Hyejoo since she got injured. She heard the bell rang, she got her crutch for support and opened the door revealing the a short girl.

"Hi" Chaewon awkwardly waved her hand.

"What are you doing here?"

"Won't you atleast let me in" Hyejoo let her in, Chaewon helped Hyejoo who's struggling with her unusual support.

"How's your leg?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Hyejoo's sarcastically answered making the other girl gulped in nervousness.

"Maybe I'll just come back next time" Chaewon stood up and ready to leave the house when she was refrained by Hyejoo holding her arm.

"No, it's fine, you can stay" Hyejoo don't have any idea why did she do that, its like she doesn't like the girl to leave. Chaewon sat down, she's sweating even though the temperature is cold, her hands are wet while her heart is palpitating abnormally.

"I came here to do our project" She mustered all her courage to look confident in her sentence.

"Oh right the project" Hyejoo scratching her neck.

"It's fine if you can't help"

"I'm lazy and injured but I'm not dumb to think I can't contribute you ideas."

"I'm not referring to your thinking capabilities, I mean look at your state, you sure you can't help"

"My leg is injured not my arms, I can help don't pity me because of this" Hyejoo reproved.

"Fine you don't have to act like that" Hyejoo went silent she realised that it wasn't their fault.

"Sorry" she apologised.

"Nevermind let's just get into it" she noticed Chaewon's sudden change of mood.

______

Both of them are silent, whenever their eyes met they will divert it, the entire process was silent , no one dared to initiate a conversation until they finished it.

"Chaewon" Hyejoo uttered, decided to cut the awkwardness between them, the other girl just stared at her and started cleaning up.

"Sorry" Hyejoo wasn't sure of what she's doing she just felt like she offended and hurt the girl. "It's fine" Chaewon replied shortly.

Hyejoo stopped Chaewon by holding her hand, both of them are warm, there was a tension between them as if they're just waiting who's gonna make a move. Hyejoo was about to fall when Chaewon removed her hand luckily she caught the younger, she was heavy but it was bearable enough to carry her. Both of their faces are just inch away, Chaewon noticed how Hyejoo's gaze changed unlike before, they can feel their hot breaths as they exhale. It was an awkward position, so Chaewon stood and assisted Hyejoo to sit, both of their hearts are beating rapidly as if they ran an oval a hundred time.

"Anyway, Did your parents already know that it was your brother's fault?" Chaewon diverted the topic.

"Yes, the coordinator told us maybe after this vacation they will give punishment to Hyunsuk" Hyejoo replied.

"Good, haha" She awkwardly laughed.

Hyunsuk and her StepMom arrived and saw them, they waved at them pretended to welcome the girl. "Hyejoo, can we talk for a moment" Her stepmother faked a smile and excused the injured girl.

"I already told you do not bring anyone here right? Once I heard or saw another friend of yours visit this house, I'm gonna make you suffer, you don't deserve any friends or even being treated right because you're a nuisance, a total failure, don't try my patience got it? "she threatened holding Hyejoo's face tightly and harshly removed her hand.

Chaewon saw it while talking to Hyejoo's brother though it was awkward and she didn't give any accurate response. Hyejoo told her to leave, the older noticed how red her face was that left a hand mark, she was forced to do this either. She looked at her she saw her gaze again it was similar to what she had before when they first met. She wanted to embrace her but she doesn't have any courage to do it thinking that things might get worse so she decided to leave the place.

______

"Hey! Sis, who's that girl earlier?" Hyunsuk asked.

"Who gave you permission to enter my room?"

"I have all the right to enter whenever I wanted to"

"Could you atleast give me her name?" the boy chewing his gum playing with his phone.

"Why would I?" Hyejoo replied while sketching on her table.

"Because you will and you should" He stared at her laughed at her state.

"You thought, asshole"

"Why, are you afraid I might take her away? She's just your 'friend' right and she's not even your property" Hyunsuk whispered behind Hyejoo, she would definitely deny her unusual feelings she had, but Hyunsuk is sure she had something for the girl who visited earlier.

"Never accuse me for something that I'm not"

"Oh sorry did that offend you? anyway sorry if I made you this" mocking in sarcastic tone tapping the injured part of Hyejoo's leg.

"Keep playing with your childish games, I'm gonna make you pay for this, I don't care about your issues just don't include my friends" Hyejoo hit Hyunsuk with her crutch it made him scream in pain.

"That shit hurts!" touching his arm.

"Why don't we make a deal? You're gonna tell me that girl's name and I won't disturb you anymore, Not bad right?... A win win situation" Hyunsuk left her room.

"I'm gonna wait until tomorrow" Hyejoo heard him while walking down stairs.

Hyejoo just continued what she's doing, shrugging all of the disturbances occupying her thoughts. Maybe she doesn't like her friends being toyed or she was just being protective to Chaewon, if she could only think of something that could make Hyunsuk shut she will definitely do it. He did something to Yves as well she didn't want it to happen again.

My friend messaged me about loona I'm laughing my ass off, her innocent ass is quiet hilarious