XVI

Yves came to check her bestfriend, Hyejoo was alone when she arrived, thankfully, the younger is safe although the brunette isn't assured about what will happen to Hyejoo once she left her. She excused herself for a minute to use bathroom the other girl was confused by her actions when she didn't used her bathroom, she couldn't follow the older one because of her state.

Her phone buzzed she told the younger that she had an emergency call from her parents, but it was a lie, tons of notifications appeared on Yves' screen from Chaewon. She hid it and left the house.

"I'm outside of their house now" Yves answered one of Chaewon's calls.

"Did you attached the cam?" Chaewon asked worriedness plastered on her face.

"Yes, don't worry about it, she was alone" she said after riding her car.

"Alright , I hope this works" the call has ended.

_______

Chaewon asked Yves to set up hidden camcorders used for gathering some clips and footages that might help to prove them guilty. She's currently watching Hyejoo through her phone that Yves secretly attached to her room. She saw Hyejoo's silhouette entering, lighting the entire room and sat infront of her study table started sketching.

Chaewon was astonished by the other girl's side profile who was supposed to be watching the girls status not her face.

She turned it off and tossed herself onto her bed sighing for the nth time, her heart is poinding as she remembers the sight popping out inside her head. Yes she was a bitch to Hyejoo before but her personality changed a lot as well as how she sees her.

It was intentional for Chaewon to help Hyejoo but for some reasons she wanted to protect her. She was hurt inside after Yves told her about Hyejoo's situation and how they treated her behind her father's back.

_______

Finally, after a week of waiting for an evidence, Chaewon got footage of Hyejoo's stepmom abusing her, she called Yves to come over her place. Both of them were hurt after seeing what happened to their friend, she earned slap, painful words and other abusive things. They went to the police station and messaged Hyejoo's father, they told them everything to him he was mad thatt he couldn't believe it, he cried after realising that all of the things that happened to Hyejoo was his fault.

The cops came over to Hyejoo's place with the girls and her dad. Hyunsuk and his Mom was confused by the situation. Yves ad Chaewon went to Hyejoo who was also curious about what's happening.

"We are here to invite you at police station Madam, we won't hesitate to force you if you don't" one of the officers told the woman.

"Wait, what's happening why are you doing this to my Mom?" Hyunsuk removed his headphones crunching his face.

"I trusted you! I gave you everything yet you did this to me? What's my debt to you in order to do that to my daughter? How could you?!" Hyejoo's father couldn't stop himself from cursing against Hyunsuk's Mom, the officers refrained him from doing a scene.

Hyunsuk tried to push the officers who were guiding his Mom towards the car, he was crying and turned to his father.

" Why did you do that to her?!"
"I thought you love her?!"
"Were you just pretending all along?!" he tried to punch him but he was weak screaming.

He stared at him cursing him to death, "I never wished to have a father like you, I swear I'll sue you!" pointing at him leaving the house.

"I'm sorry sweetie, why didn't you tell me about that?" he hugged her daughter who was shocked and scared.

"What if they return?"

"I won't let it happen, tell me more what they did to you"

Hyejoo told him everything, how they interfere her privacy even her social life. Her father just scratch his head feom frustration.

"I'm sorry it's all my fault I should've listened to you before" he caressed her daughter's back.

"Talk to your friends, I'm gonna make you snacks" he kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry, you're safe now" Chaewon hugged Hyejoo.

"You don't have to do it" Hyejoo said between her faint sobs.

"You're my friend of course I would do that for you!" she replied caressing her back.

"and actually it wouldn't be successful without Yves" looking at the oldest.

Chaewon went stiff when Hyejoo hugged her back, Hyejoo looked at the girl to check if she was sick, Chaewon stuttered after denying it. Hyejoo found it cute, she saw how Chaewon with tint of pinkish hue on her cheeks.

"I didn't know you could actually do that"

"I'm afraid so it was horrible at first but there's no other way around"

"Uhm lovers" Yves faked a cough reminding them about her existence both of them released from their embrace.

"You're fine now Hyejoo I told you I'm always here for you, all of us" Yves smiled.

"Thanks a lot, Yves" she smiled.