XX

Chaewon's

" Hi, I'm Jaemin " I felt excited and disappointed at the same time.

" So you're the person behind those? " I asked.

" Well, basically, yes and I'm sorry for being a coward and just showed up out of nowhere " he smiled genuinely and gave me ice cream.

" Are you expecting for someone else? " I guess he noticed my sudden change of mood when I saw him.

" No, why would I? " I faked laughter to avoid unnecessary questions.

A long awkward silence filled the surrounding, none of us dared to talk, we're just staring at each other.

" Wanna go to the arcade? " I suddenly remembered Olivia.

" Yeah sure " I just followed him behind.

" You can walk beside me " he smiled.

I kinda felt comfortable with him, but why do I feel like someone's watching us from behind, I darted my attention to him after he held my hands.

" Sorry, am I being too fast? " then he let go of my hands and bowed.

" You don't have to say sorry "

" Alright, let's go "

_______

Hyejoo's

" Yves, I forgot something in my locker, you can go without me " I lied.

" Okay? " I waved at her and ride my board.

I tried my best to arrive as fast as I can, I quickly went up to the building Chae's referring to, thankfully there's no one.

I hid behind the huge tubes when I heard footsteps approaching, it was Chaewon.

I can clearly see her excitement plastered on her face, she checked her phone and started texting her admirer. 'Should I show myself and confess? ' I asked myself.

' Why did you even stalk her? ' I look like an idiot fighting with myself, ' Right, you're here to see her admirer that's all '.

I'm currently both exhausted and nervous.

Finally, the guy appeared, Na Jaemin? Wait that guy?

I scrunched my face trying to recognize if he's really Jaemin, it's really him. The perfect guy, he's family-oriented and top student the entire school. I never thought he would want to date a tiny brat.

I saw him held her hands, I wanted to drag Chaewon out of here but I couldn't do anything until they finally left.

I decided not to follow them, instead, I just stayed inside a convenience store to spare some time. Why do I feel heavy, I couldn't even breathe normally. It was already dark so I went home and sleep everything away.

_________

It was morning, I did my routine and went to school, I came early than usual, I saw Chaewon with Jaemin outside the hallway, he left and smiled at her when she entered our classroom, I diverted my gaze away from her when she sat on her chair.

" Morning Oli, you're early? " she asked.

" Not really, just trying to be an early bird " I made a natural expression since we're friends for almost a few months.

" But you're a wolfie " she playfully teased, damn why did I blush when I heard her tiny fonts voice.

" Did you just gave me a nickname? " I asked in a serious tone trying to maintain my image.

" Why didn't you liked it? " she asked with puppy eyes.

" What the fuck? " I made a disgusted look but I felt soft inside.

" Tch, baddie, you're always like that " she pouted.

" I swear if you don't stop being cute I'm gonna- "
" Kiss me? " I stopped after hearing her.
" Kidding, you said I'm cute," she said and pat my back.

" Park Chaewon! I'm gonna burn your fucking mouth " I swear I could sense that she's smirking even though she's facing Jiwoo, where the heck did she learned how to flirt.

I'm literally blushing a mess right now, I felt hot so I went outside the corridors.

" You're being fragile Hyejoo, wake up " I slapped myself multiple times.

" Who's being fragile? " Yves suddenly appeared in front of me.

" Goodness, you surprised me "

" Too much coffee? And correction, You surprised me, why are you so early? " she pointed at me.

" Is it bad to arrive early? "

" No, it's just you're always late "

" Anyway, did you know Jaemin was Chaewon's admirer? " she suddenly brought up, ' of course I know that ' I thought.

" Really? " I gave her a surprised look as if I didn't witness what happened yesterday.

" Yeah, he even dropped her yesterday, I guess later also "

" She let him court her? " I asked.

" I don't know, why don't you ask her, you're seatmates right? "

" No, thanks I'm not gonna do that "

" Gosh, your pride is even higher than your height, don't tell me you're jealous? " she said.

" What the fuck? Why would I be jealous?  I'm gonna throw up stop with your delusions " I said and left her.

I sat and stared at Chae who's talking to Jiwoo, why can't I accept these feelings? Is it that hard to be sincere? what's holding me back to be genuine?

I'm confused battling with these fake scenarios inside my head. What if I'm really too late?

_________

Classes just ended, I saw Jaemin outside waiting for Chaewon, our eyes locked after she walked out of the room along with him, I decided to go to arcades where I always go since when I was a kid.

In my surprise, I found both of them here too, why do I always have to adjust I'm not gonna hide this time. I wonder how he convinced Chae to go with him in this kind of place when she ain't a fan of arcades.

I went claw machines, where I could clearly see both of them riding a motor game, Chaewon saw me, I quickly diverted my eyes away, Did she saw me staring at them?

I took a glance once again and saw her laughing with him, why do I feel like I'm stalking them, I'm gonna mind my own business. I wore my headphones and started playing seriously, however, I couldn't help but take a peek on their place, whenever I see them, they seem to enjoy each other's company, why do I feel like she's trying to make me jealous or I'm just assuming.

I can't take it anymore, I should be calm and relaxed right now but I'm frustrated and mad. I left the arcade and just went home.

If this is a game, I don't want to play anymore.

Don't attacc nana😩✋

Anyway, I probably gonna end this story after this chapter,,,,,