10

~HER OUTFIT FOR THE DINNER I DIDN'T GET TO PUT IT IN THE OTHER CHAPTER~

We walk in to the living room

"Hi Grandpa" Me and Rory say at the same time "Hello Rory, Alexandra, Lorelai and Christopher old boy how are you? My god its good to see you!" Grandpa says shaking Dads hand "How are you Richard?" Dad asks.

"Well I'm better than most, not as good as some" Grandpa say "And annoyed with all" Dad says "Aha! You speak the truth young man! I have made martinis. So Christopher, tell me about your business" grandpa says sitting down.

"Oh Richard, let the poor boy relax" Grandma says "Well I simply want to find out how its going" Grandpa says "Its uh.. its going great Richard. I'm almost afraid to jinx it by telling you good its going" Dad says.

"Oh, that is wonderful. I always knew you had it in you. You have a splash of greatness as my mother would say. You've always had that splash of greatness" Grandpa says "Mm. I'd like another splash of greatness if you don't mind" Mom says getting another martini "Oh Richard. Isn't Rory the spitting image of Christopher?" Grandma asks

"I just hope you inherit your fathers business sense also my dear" Grandma says to Rory, I could see Rory running a business she is smart and could do it very well; Me however I couldn't handle that kind of stress "Alexandra you certainly have your fathers musical talent" Grandma said, I chocked on my drink I have never heard dad sing or do anything with music "Oh, wait just a minute" mom says "What?" Grandma asks.

"Mom, neither of these two have any musical talent, Alex does have musical talent but these two no" mom says and I blush no one else knows I have musical talent. "I am not that good" I say and Rory looks at me and give me a look that says 'how dare you say that' "Hey, I play guitar" Dad says "You know the opening lick to Smoke on the Water" Mom says "And I've since mastered the opening like to Jumping Jack Flash" Dad adds on.

"I'm a....Chuck Berry man myself." Grandpa says and mom almost spits out her drink from laughing "Something wrong?" Grandpa asks "I would never have guessed that that last sentence would ever come out of your mouth" Mom says "And why not?" Grandpa asks "Chuck Berry?" Mom questions "Yes, Chuck Berry. He was all the rage when I was in school" Grandpa says "Do you remember when you two were what?..... ten and you put on that adorable show for us" Grandma asks.

"What show mom?" Mom asks Grandma "Lucy, Schroeder, you laying on the coffee table" Dad says and I laugh a little. "You pretending it was a piano. god, why is that remembered?" Mom asks "no way do you guys have pictures?" I asks, Mom playfully smacks my arm but Grandma nods her head yes. "Because it was such a wonderful production" Grandma says "I dont know if it was a production mom. It was just one song" Mom says "What song?" Rory asks she must have seen the look on my face "Suppertime" Dad says I smile really big 'You're A Good Man Charlie Brown' is one of my favorite musicals.

"Did you write that? That was really very good" Grandpa says so I jump in "Grandpa, thats from 'You're a good man Charlie Brown' Its a famous musical" I say looking at him "Well I thought Christopher might have written it, he's a very talented man" Grandpa said I wanted to eye-roll so bad but I didn't then the doorbell rang

"That would be Straub and Francine" Grandma says and leaves to answer the door "Ha, ha your turn" Mom says looking at me and Rory, I roll my eyes "I havent seen your parents in quite a number of years. We were practically inseparable for a while" Grandpa says and leaves "I remember that" dad says "This is weird. These are mine and Alex other grandparents. I dont even know them. What do I call them?" Rory asks I was about to say something when dad cut me off

"Call 'em what I call 'em.. ass" Dad says I stifle a laugh "Chris...." Mom scolds "Sorry, my ties too tight" Dad says but high fives me "Just, uh, call them Straub and Francine. Call them Mr and Mrs Hayden. Sir and Ma'am? Why dont you just avoid calling them anything" Mom says "Look who's here" Grandpa says entering the room with the Hayden's.

"Hello mother, pop" Dad says shaking his dads hand and hugging his mother "Christopher" Straub says "Christopher, hello" Francine "Mr. and Mrs. Hayden, long time no see" Mom says "Lorelai. You look well" Francine says "I am thanks. You remember Rory and Alex You havent seen them in quite a while" mom says moving me and Rory closer "No we haven't" Straub says "I think they were just beginning to speak in complete sentences" Francine says.

"So not for two years then" Mom says joking "they've obviously been talking a long time so I was making a humorous comment sometimes referred to as a joke" Mom says and I rub her shoulder "I see you havent changed Lorelai" Straub says "No, not at all" I say "Rory, Alexandra hello" Francine say "Hello" I says "Hi" Rory says as she curtsies "Did you just curtsy?" Mom whispers to her "Shut up" Rory whispers back.

"Sorry, milady" I say and stifle a laugh. We go back to the couches and sit down "Uh, Straub, Francine, how about a martini?" Grandpa asks "Please" Straub says "Well Straub, how is retirement treating you?" Grandpa asks "Yes do tell us about the Bahamas" Grandma says "Straub and Fran Mr. and Mrs. um....are you enjoying your time here, um....you...two?" Rory says not sure of what to call them "That she got from you" Dad whispers looking at mom "you should see me I am worse" I whisper back mom nods agreeing with me.

"How old are you young ladies? Straub asks "16" We say at the same time "Dangerous age for girls" Straub says mom looks at him "Straub" Francine says "Rory, and Alex are very special girls - excellent students, very bright" Grandma says I zone out but at some point everyone starts kind of arguing and my anxiety kicks up "girls go into the next room. Go, go" Mom says to us, Rory and I stand up and walk into the Kitchen where we sit and wait. Rory could see my Anxiety was getting the better of me so she helped calm me down.

~AFTER ALL THE EXCITEMENT~

"There you two are. I was wondering where you girls went" Grandma said walking into the kitchen "sorry" I say and take a sip of my soda "No, its nothing to be sorry about. Can I get you two something?" Grandma asks "I'm fine" Rory says holding up a soda can "Oh thats hardly dinner. Well that was quite a bit of excitement tonight" Grandma says pulling out the food "Oh yeah" Rory says.

"Not the good kind" Grandma says "Nope" I say "None of this means anything girls" Grandma says "Oh we know" Rory says "Straub is actually a good man. Very smart. He was one of the top lawyers in his field - a very arcane aspect of International law. And he's always been so active in his community. His charity work has never diminished over the years. Oh lets face it - hes a big ass. Rory, Alex I know you both heard a lot of talk about various disappointments this evening and I know you've heard a lot of talk about it in the past. But I want to make this very clear - you, girls, your person and your existence have never ever been - not even for a second - included in that list. Do you both understand me?" Grandma says.

"Yeah, We do" We say at the same time; We look at each other and start laughing "Good now eat up" Grandma says handing both of us a plate.

A/N: I will be ending that here I really think that is all I want to write for this episode instead of finishing it off!