41

~A Few Weeks Later~

Kat and I were setting up the movie for tonight while mom and Rory prepare the food. You see Kat is an honorary Gilmore so she has spent so many nights with us that mom made her the Honorary Gilmore which means she gets to do the Friday movie night with us.

After we finish setting up the living room we walk into the Kitchen and help get the food ready. Kat decided to sit at the Table helping Rory burn some CDs. "Okay, I know I was the one that said I was craving mashed potatoes, but, oh my god, they're a lot of work," Mom says causing us all to chuckle. "It's instant mashed potatoes. Key word: instant" Rory says looking up from Kat's laptop.

"Oh, no, not instant. I have to mix water and butter into it, not to mention the adding of salt and pepper" Mom complains. "OK, The Best of Super Furry Animals complete," Kat says handing Rory the Cd.  "Oh! Plus I have to rip the package open, dump it into a bowl and, oh my god, are they serious? I have to stir the mixture to combine? What is this, the Gulag?" Mom says.

"Hey, do you want the Arcade Fire?" Rory asks "I don't know, do I?" Mom asks "Yes" Kat, Rory, and I say together. "Then yes. So basically once I'm finished with all this manual labor, I still have to clean the bowl" Mom says still complaining "And the spoon?" I question. "What do I use the spoon for?" Mom asks "Stir to combine" I say. "*Waves her hand around in the bowl* Pfft. Right. What do I use the spoon for?" Mom asks again.

"Oh, my mistake. Carry on" I say rolling my eyes "So let's cut to the chase. How badly do you three want these mashed potatoes?" mom asks and we all look at her "You wanted the mashed potatoes" Rory says. "Cause with tater tots I can just rip and dump," Mom says "Then stick with your strengths," I say "Brain Master Eno coming up next," Kat says to Rory. Just then there is a knock at the door." Who is it?" Mom asks.

"It's me" Luke says "Me who?" I ask chuckling a little. "Rory, can you just open the door? *She does.* Do you have an extension cord I can use?" Luke asks mom. "I'll go look" Rory says and leaves. "No, that's all right. I don't want to disturb you guys" Luke says "Oh, you're not disturbing us" Mom says "Well, I'm dirty" Luke says "Well, so's the house" I say looking up from what I was working on.

"And if I come in there I'll see what you guys are planning on eating and I'll want to kill myself," Luke says "It just so happens I am making a garden spring salad with three bitter lettuces and a breaded French country chicken," Mom says. Kat and I make eye contact roll our eyes and chuckle quietly.  "Really, you are?" Luke asks sarcastically "No. So how's the boat coming?" Mom asks"Slow" Luke says.

"Oh, well, you should've built a motorboat" I say gaining a laugh from mom and Kat while Luke gives me a look to say 'stop acting like your mother.' "Extension cord" Rory says walking back in "Thank you. I'll let you get back to taking five years off your life" Luke says "Meh. They were the five where I would've been wearing Fuschia lipstick way beyond my lip line, so I wouldn't want 'em anyhow" Mom says and they kiss, Rory Kat and I all share a look.

"See you tomorrow," Luke says, "Ten-thirty sharp," Mom says Luke leaves and mom puts the tater-tots in the oven. "Okay. The first course ready?" Mom asks us "Ready!" We all say together while I grab the tray of food. "Let's Cop Rock," Mom says and we walk into the living room. The phone starts ringing mom answers it and looks upset while on the phone with Grandma. Kat and I are on the floor looking through a magazine.

"She's coming over" Mom says and we all look up to her "Why?" I ask "Because she won't buy her seamstress a puppy" Mom says. "Oh, Well" Rory says "Something about her dress. Crap, what are we going to do?" Mom asks "I don't know!" Rory and I say together "We can't eat all of this before she gets here," Mom says "Most of it," I say.

"Sure, most of it" Mom says "But not the tater tots or the pizza tower" Kat explains. She has been around when my Grandmother has too, Hell she was there the night I had a full-on Panic attack."Okay, we'll have to do the evening in two parts. We'll watch one Cop Rock, eat this stuff here, she'll come over, I'll get her dress done as fast as I can, then we'll continue with our evening" Mom explains. "Maybe we should put it off," Rory says "She comes, I fix, she goes, we Rock. Now eat" Mom says and we all start eating while watching Cop Rock. After getting through the first Cop Rock Kat and I went upstairs to get somethings out of my room.

After Grandma's last-minute bachelorette party I drove to Hartford because I forgot my cloths for tomorrow. I got there and walked up to the apartment, I walk in and see Jake asleep on the couch. I walk to him and crouch down and kiss him "hey" I say softly as he wakes up. "Hi, what are you doing here?" He asks pulling me into his lap, "I forgot my dress and decided to just drive back here" I say and he nods "come on let's go to bed" I say standing up and grabbing his hand.