11

~OUTFIT UP TOP~

We were sitting at the dinner table at Grandma and Grandpa's house "Everyone's awfully quiet tonight" Grandma says "Sorry Grandma just tired" I say" Me too - school" Rory says "Me three - Work" Mom says "Life" I finish mom and Rory agree "Mystery --- Well this is just ridiculous. Four intelligent women sitting here in complete silence. There must be something to talk about."

"Do you know that every night at dinner, the Kennedy clan would sit around the table having lively debates about everything under the sun? They would quiz each other about current events, historical facts, intellectual trivia. Now the Gilmore clan is just as smart and worldly as the Kennedys so come on - somebody - say something" Grandma says

"Do you know that butt models make $10,000 a day?" Mom asks Rory and I laugh "Camelot is truly dead" Grandma says "Emily!" Grandpa yells through the house "In here, just follow the crickets" Grandma yells. "I am sorry I'm late, but I come bearing wonderful news" Grandpa says walking into the room "Siri bring Mr. Gilmore a plate!" Grandma says getting up and following Grandpa to his seat "I just got off the phone" Grandpa says sitting down.

"Would you like to change first?" Grandma asks "No, no, no I'm fine. So I -" Grandpa starts but gets cut off by Grandma "Siri, Mr. Gilmore is hungry!" Grandma yells while placing napkin in Grandpas lap. "Emily, I am perfectly capable of putting a napkin on my lap" Grandpa says to grandma "Alright Im sorry. You were on the phone" Grandma says walking back to her chair "Long distance" Grandpa says "God?" Mom asks.

"London" Grandpa corrects "God lives in London?" I ask jokingly "My mother lives in London" Grandpa says "Your mother is God?" Mom asks "Lorelai" Grandpa says "So, God is a woman..." I ask continuing on with mom.

"Alexandra don't act like your mother" Grandpa says "sorry grandpa not possible" I say and mom smiles at me "And a relative, that's so cool" Mom says and I continue on "I'm gonna totally ask for favors" I say "Make them stop" Grandpa says looking over to Rory "Oh that I could" Rory says I smile and stick my tongue out at her and She sticks her tongue out at me in return.

"You spoke to your mother" Grandma asks "Yes I did. She's fine, she sends her love and...she's coming to visit" Grandpa says "What?" Grandma questions "You're kidding?" Mom says "When?" Grandma asks "Me and Alex are gonna get to meet our great-grandma?" Rory asks "Lorelai I" Grandpa starts but gets cut off "When?" Grandma asks "I was named after her" Mom says "we figured" I say mom rolls her eyes at me "Richard when?" Grandma asks again.

"You girls are going to love her. My mother is brilliant, absolutely brilliant" Grandpa says "We share that also" Mom says looking in between me and Rory, I roll my eyes "I'm asking a question here, does no one hear me? Am I suddenly invisible?" Grandma shouts over everyone. "I'm sorry. What was the question?" Grandpa asks Grandma "When is your mother arriving?" Grandma asks.

She looks worried and upset "A week from today. Rory, Alex I'm telling you, it's going to be such a treat" Grandpa says "Excuse me." Grandma says and leaves "I still can't get over that I'm related to God" Mom says "It's gonna make getting Madonna tickets so much easier" I say and mom high fives me; Rory rolls her eyes at us.

~INSIDE LORELAI'S CAR~

Mom was Driving I was in the back-seat in the middle and Rory was in the front-seat

"So tell us more about her" Rory says looking at mom "yeah tell us more" I add. "I dont really know that much" Mom says "Well you know more than we do" I say "Well let's see. She moved to London when Grandpa died but she didnt like to travel so once a year Mom and Dad would go to visit her, usually leaving me behind, much to my relief by the way, and that's it. The rest I know from stories just like you two" Mom says.

"Grandpa says I remind him of her" Rory says "That is the biggest compliment that can be wrenched out of Grumpy McFarlen believe me" Mom says glancing at Rory "I hope she likes us" I say, Rory nods her head in agreement "She'll love you girls" Mom says "I hope she and Grandma get along" Rory says "Shell love you girls" Mom says again I give her a questioning look, She just shakes her head.

~THE NEXT WEEK ON FIRDAY AT STARS HOLLOW HIGH~

I was in Dance class and was thinking about tonight I really hope that Great-Grandma likes me I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of her. Only because Grandpa seems so happy about her coming.

RING! RING!

that was the bell ending the day 'FINALLY!' I love school don't get me wrong but that means the day is almost over therefore this dinner will be over soon; which I am ready for! I pick up my dance bag and walk out f the class room. when Jake comes over "Heya Lexi-bug" He says leaning against the locker next to mine "Hey Jakey how was your final class" I ask shutting my locker "boring because you weren't there" he says and I roll my eyes, while smiling and start walking away. He walks up and puts his arm over my shoulder "oh I am sure you will be fine" I say "so do you have plans tomorrow?"

"Nope at least none that I know of" I say "great tomorrow I will meet you at Luke's at 12:30 sharp" Jake says "okay cool!" I say, he looks at his watch and stops walking "something wrong" I ask "yeah I gotta get home I am gonna be late" he says "it's okay go home I will see you tomorrow" I say "yeah Tomorrow 12:30 sharp seriously Alex" he says and kisses me "okay bye" I say and push him. He runs off down the street I shake my head and walk the rest of the way home.

I get home and start going through my closet looking for the right outfit I keep looking and soon I hear the front door open and close and hear someone come up the stair and open my door close it and sit on my bed, "hey Rory" I say "how did you know it was me?" Rory asks "you aren't as loud as mom when she walks up the stairs" I explain turning to her. "That makes sense" she says "so what are you wearing tonight?" she asks "I was thinks this outfit" I say showing her "I like it! it is very you and will be perfect" Rory says "thanks Rory" I say "no problem" She says. "Are you nervous?" I ask "yes beyond nervous! you?" she says then asks looking at me.

I nod my head at her smiling a little "I just hope she will like me" I say "me too but don't worry I am sure she will" Rory says. I nod my head in agreement then we sit in comfortable silence just thinking.