20

I was Getting ready to head to work then hanging with Jake and Kat I heard the Doorbell ring and decided to head downstairs. When I heard Mom, Rory, and Paris "Hey Paris. Were we expecting you?" Mom asks "You should've been. I'm going to get set up" Paris says walking away to Rory's room "We're going to my room to work on my wpm" Rory says "Do we wanna know?" I ask "No" Rory says and walks away "Well I'm gonna head out I'll see you later" I say and kiss moms cheek and leave.

~A Few Days Later~

We walked into Chilton, we were here for Rory she was doing a debate today. Mom pulled me out of school to come see this , I am actually kind of happy I get to skip today I have had so much studying that it's nice to skip a day. We walk in and see Rory, She sees us and walks over and hugs us.

"Hey, there you are. Where were you?" Mom says "Oh, hi" Rory says "I thought we were gonna meet by the vending machines for a little, uh, pre-debate nondairy snack" I ask "Yeah, sorry, Paris wanted to do a sound check and she found some problems with the acoustics in the room" Rory says.

"Its the layout on this row of seats that's causing a bass problem. We've got to move this whole row over a foot. Esta! Just move these people out. Mueva esta gente, mueva, mueva!" We hear Paris yell "Better find a seat before she moves them all" Rory says "Have fun" mom says "Thanks. Im glad you came" Rory says.

"No you're not!" Sookie says "What?" Rory questions "I'm just getting you in the mood" Sookie says. Rory walks away and we sit down "So do you see Christopher anywhere?" Mom asks Sookie looks around and says "Uh, well, no, no, no. Hey, what does he look like?" "If you dont know, why are you looking?" I ask.

"I'm looking for a guy that looks like a guy that you could be with, only I'm deducting seventeen years off his age and I'm adding an all-boys private school uniform and a Yankees cap" Sookie says "And does your head hurt?" Mom asks "Yeah" Sookie says "If everybody could please take their seats, well begin. That includes all the members of the debate team" A Teacher says.

During the debate Mom and Sookie kept tying to see dads girlfriend. After the Debate I walked off to go to the Bathroom which took me forever to find. After that I walked out to see Mom, Dad, Sookie, Rory, and Dad's Girlfriend talking. I walk behind Rory and cover her eyes "guess who" I said "okay umm Paris.... No no wait umm Louise" Rory said laughing after I hug her and someone clears their throat I turn to see dad and his girlfriend looking at us.

"oh Dad you came" I say with a straight face "Of course I did how are you?" Dad asks giving me a hug, I just stood there not hugging back "I'm okay" I say and move back over by Mom "well I want you to meet Sherry my girlfriend" dad says motioning Sherry to come over she does and looks at me "Hi I'm Sherry" she says "nice to meet you" I say. Rory nudges me a little I just stand there not really wanting to talk and I think mom could tell because she cuts in.

"Um, will you excuse us for a minute? Rory just wanted to show me and Alex something around the corner here and well be right back" Mom says pulling us away "He brought Sherry" I say "I know" Mom says "This is a little. . ." Rory starts but stops "Yeah" Mom and I say at the same time "Did you talk to her?" I ask "Is she nice?" Rory asks "She's a witch" Mom says "like from the Witches Of Eastwick?" I ask and see mom smile.

"Oh, good" Rory says "So, what do we do?" Mom asks "What do you mean?" I ask "Come on, come on, come on. We gotta put on our hostessing hats and set a game plan here" Mom says "Oh yeah, I guess it would be impolite if we didnt ask them to hang out with us" Rory says "what do we do? Hit the vending machines?" Mom asks "Invite them to Luke's?" Rory questions "Does she look like a diner chick to you?" I ask.

"Probably not" Rory says "I wish he had told me she was with him" Mom says "Where else can we invite them?"I ask "Als Pancake World" Mom suggests "No, it's Friday" Rory says "He does his prefix menu on Fridays" I finish. "Ugh. Well, theres always our house" Mom says "It's a mess" I say "Might be the safest" Rory says "Okay" We say.

"Why didn't he mention that she was with him?" Mom asks "I dont know" Rory says and we walk back over "So, um, are you guys doing anything now?" Mom asks "Not really" Dad says "No, were pretty free for the rest of the day" Sherry says "Well, why dont you come back and see our place?" Mom asks "Oh, that would be great" Sherry says.

"Yeah, Sherry would love that Thanks Lor" Dad says "I was hoping we'd get a chance to see where Rory and Alex live and their rooms" Sherry says "Oh,our rooms are really no big deal" I say "Oh, and the books. I've heard all about the books. I can't wait to see the books and of course all the Dance stuff" Sherry says making me want to through-up 'Dance Stuff' Really? "Well, let's go and see the books and Dance stuff" Mom says sending me an apologetic look.

Once we got hom we started to rush around trying to clean everything up as quick as possible then I ran upstairs to call Jake and tell him that we wont be able to hang out. After I finished talking to him my phone started Ringing I looked and saw it was mom. I answered anyway because I find it funny "Hi, it's me" Mom says "wow I totally couldn't tell by the name on my phone" I say.

"haha okay listen, I just wanted to tell you that Sherry just asked me if she could go out with you and Rory tonight just the three of you, and she sort of trapped me into saying that I could get you and Rory out of the Friday night dinner, which she knew all about. But I told her she had to run it past you two first, so I can still get you out of it. Although, it might be a good idea to get a Sherry night out of the way because it seems kind of inevitable" Mom says pretty fast.

I stand there thinking for a minute "Well do you want to" Mom asks "no I don't but I will so Rory doesn't have to be with Sherry by herself" I say "aww you are such a great sister skipping school on your senior year and going shopping with someone you would never ever shop with" Mom says "bye mom" I say hanging up and walking downstairs. I go and sit by Rory on the floor and she wraps an arm around my shoulders as I do the same. "Hey what took you so long?" Rory asks

"oh Jake called to see if we want to hang out tomorrow" I lie and Rory knows because mom told Rory that she was gonna call me. "oh cool" Rory says I nod and I lean my head onto her shoulder.

"Rory, Alex can I run something by you two?" Sherry asks "Oh sure" Rory says "Your dad and I are around for another night, and he's totally sick of me" Sherry says "Not true" Dad adds "Anyhow, I was wondering if you two wanted to do something with me tonight, just the three of us" Sherry asks "Oh, sure" I say "that would be nice" Rory says "Really?" Sherry asks excited.

"Yeah. I mean, um, if its okay with our mom" Rory says "because we do have a Grandma/Grandpa dinner tonight" I add "It's fine by me" Mom says "Great. Oh, of course this does leave you a sad little orphan" Sherry says and directs the last part to dad "Oh, thats okay. I'll have one of my patented White Castle bachelor dinners" Dad says man this makes me sick do Jake and I act like this? Gross.

"Or you can come with me tonight. Uh, if you want" Mom says to dad "To your parents?" Dad questions "Yeah, cause with Rory and Liv not there I might need a hostage" Mom says making a joke "Oh, yes, do it" Sherry says "Okay, its good grub. You sure they wont be mad?" Dad asks "Hi, they like you" Mom says "True" Dad says "Great. Well, we should go get cleaned up for tonight then. Thanks for having us over like this" Sherry says.

"Any time" Mom says "So we'll swing by around six?" Sherry asks "Oh, sounds good" Rory says "Okay" Sherry says "Bye girls" Dad says hugging both of us "Bye Dad" We say at the same time "Bye Leonard" Dad says to mom and they leave.