19

I had to miss Friday night dinner because I am sick isn't that fun? Anyway I am sitting on the couch watching Mermaids for the millionth time I can't help it, it is a great movie! About halfway through the movie there is a knock on the door. I open the door and see Kat with a bag of food "Aww you love me" I say "of course I do" She says and walks over to the couch "Mom asked you to come check on me didn't she?" I ask "yeah she did anyway Luke sent your favorite soup and coffee and some Pie" Kat says setting everything out

"aww hang on I'm gonna call him" I say and walk over to the phone and call Luke's "Hello Luke's diner Luke speaking" Luke says "hey Luke I just wanted to say thinks for the food" I say "oh yeah no problem Alex" Luke says "well I gotta go thanks again Luke" I say "yeah Alex I figured you would like it Bye" Luke says then I hang up.

~A Few Day's Later~

"Mom I have a bunch of finals I can't miss anything I'm sorry" I say walking downstairs "Do you know the last time my father and I were alone together for any extended period of time?" Mom asks "Unh uh" Rory hums

"I was kicked out of summer class for refusing to call the camp counselor Peaches because I thought the entire concept of the counselors choosing summer fruit names was stupid. So they called my dad and he came to get me and it was just the two of us alone in the car all the way from Maine with nothing to talk about but my camp failure. Luckily I had also flashed the swim team or even that subject would've gotten stale" Mom says causing me to chuckle a little.

"Mom, I have the Franklin today. I cannot miss it" Rory says "Rory, Alex please. I can't handle the entire day with him. I can't, I can't, I caaaaant" Mom whines "Mom, We promise. Just make it till the afternoon, and then I promise I'll come right home and I'll take Grandpa off your hands" Rory says

"and after work I will come with you Rory" I say "All right" Mom agrees "It'll be fine" I say "It is not going to be fine. It's going to be horrible. It is going to be a bad, depressing Lifetime movie and Nancy McKeon will be playing me. I am Jo" mom says and the doorbell rings "And that would be him" mom says "It's not going to be that bad" I say "Hey. Be nice" Rory says "Be nice" mom mocks Rory "Oh, very good" I say as mom opens the door and Grandpa walks in.

"Hi Dad" Mom says "Hey Grandpa" Rory and I say at the same time "Good morning girls" Grandpa says "Did you have any trouble getting here?" mom says "Not at all, the directions were fine" Grandpa says "Well we have to be going, but we'll see you this afternoon" I says and Rory nods "I look forward to it" Grandpa says "Have fun" We say at the same time and leave I head to meet Jake at Luke's while Rory heads to the bus.

Once I got close enough to Luke's I see Kat and Jake. Jake had his back turned to I ran up and jumped up on his back "Sneak Attack" I yell "oh no I'm soo scared!" Jake says rolling his eyes, We all start laughing and head to school. "what's the plan for today?" Kat asks "my Grandfather is in town so after work I have to hang with him and Rory" I say.

"well is it cool if I come over and study with you later?" Jake asks "umm yeah I think that should be fine wanna come over about five, mom will probably feed you" I say "of course she would she loves me" Jake says "yeah that's only because she has known you your entire life" I say and We walk to out first classes.

~Later That Night~

Me and Jake were sitting on my bed studying for our finals when mom walks in "hey help me come up with the menu" Mom says handing me the notepad. I write a few things down and hand it back to her "There are a few things you can finish it off" I say "okay thanks hun Jake are you staying for dinner?" Mom asks "No I'm about to head out" Jake says.

Mom nods and leaves "I wish you didn't have to go out of town tomorrow" I say looking up from my book "I wish I didn't have to but I have to and I will be back before you know it" He says smiling at me.