35

~That is Her outfit for Later when they are at the mall~

I hate being sick. It is truly horrible, the only good thing about it is nothing. But I mean Jake has been over here taking care of me like a sweet boyfriend but also it is kind of cliché. I haven't been able to talk to mom and Rory in a while and It is upsetting I miss them. "Hey I brought food from Luke's!" Jake says walking into my room "Oh my god yes!! you are the best" I say hugging him.

"I know" He says and goes over to my movies "what are you doing?" I ask "We are gonna watch one of your favorite movies," Jake says "Ooo which one?" I ask "Moonstruck," Jake says sitting back on the bed after he put the movie in. "Aww Queen Cher!" I say making Jake laugh, We start eating and I curl up next to him.

It is now night out and after watching many Cher and Barbra Streisand movies and some horror, we get to watch Bonnie and Clyde. While I am putting the movie in my phone goes off, so I look at who it is and see it is mom and smile answering it,

Lorelai- Bold

Liv- Italicized

"Hello, Alex?" "Hey, mom" "Are you sick?" "Umm yeah but it's nothing bad how did you find out?" "Your Grandmother and Sister" "Oh sorry mom, I just have been really busy and we haven't gotten to talk in awhile" " I know honey don't worry it's okay, But we really should hang out, I talked to Rory and we are gonna go window shopping so I was gonna find out if you want to go?" 

"Of course, I would love to go!""Great! Meet us at the Inn tomorrow at ten and wear a Rose" "Got is see you and Rory tomorrow!" " till tomorrow, Love ya hun" "Love you too mom bye" I hang up and smile sitting back on my bed.

"That your mom?" Jake asks I nod and smile "I am going to skip school tomorrow to hang out with her and Rory" I say "wow Alexandra Gilmore skipping school to go and shop I am scared" Jake says, I laugh at him and kiss him. We then curl up and watch Bonnie and Clyde.

~The Next Day At The Inn~

I walk up to the Inn and Look around, I then see mom and Rory talking. Rory sees me smiles and runs up and hugs me and I hug back. Mom then comes over and hugs me, "Where is your Rose?" Rory asks I turn around and point to my hair. "So exciting I missed you both" Mom says "We miss you too" Rory and I say together "now that is something I don't miss" Mom says.

"What us talking at the same time," I ask "Yes! it's creepy like the twins from the shinning" Mom says causing me and Rory to laugh. We then leave the Inn and head to the Mall, in Hartford which I could have just met them at but what is the fun in that?

While in the Mall we see a guy that has free samples perfect. "They put everything on pretzels nowadays," Mom says "I love it," I say "You're our new best friend, Howard," Rory says "We don't say that to just anybody," Mom says "Only people with food," I say "We'll be back," Mom says "Stock up," Rory says "Okay, here we go," Mom says and we walk to the escalator.

"Where should we start?" Rory asks "Well, we're window-shopping, so let's find a window" I say "I see rows and rows of windows" Rory says "Hey, let's walk arm in arm like window-shopping ladies do in movies" Mom says "You got it" Rory and I say together and link arms with mom.

"I wish I'd brought a xylophone with me. There's always a bouncy xylophone playing when movie girls window-shop" Mom says "So, left or right?" I ask "Let's go right" Rory says "Okay" Mom says and we start walking, and walk past a window that has really pretty outfits.

"Oh, cool" Mom says "Oh, that would look great on you" I say "I love blue" Mom says "You should make a mental note to get that when you're back in the cash" Rory says "Done" Mom says "Shall we?" I ask.

"We shall," Mom says and we continue walking "So what's new with you Alex?" Rory asks "well how are we talking school or relationship?" I ask "there is a relationship?" Mom asks "yeah umm Jake and I got back together," I say "really!?" Rory asks I nod and smile.

"Ha you owe me ten bucks" Mom says "dang it" Rory says "Wait you bet money to see if Jake and I would get back together?" I ask "you two belong together," Mom says, I smile and roll my eyes and we continue to shop.

While we are walking, we get to a big window. Mom and Rory decide to go in but I know better and stay outside. I don't have money for that though I have been babysitting kids and have a job at a coffee shop in New York and have a little money not a lot though. All my money is going toward my apartment.

After a few seconds they come back out upset. "Nope," Rory says walking back out "Worse?" I ask "Much worse" Rory says "Time to pull the plug, girls" Mom says "But what do we do?" Rory asks "It's still morning" I point out.

"We could ride the glass elevator up and down," Mom says "Oh, god, we're sad," Rory says "They've got a merry-go-round," Mom says "It costs money," I say "Right, and we're skint," mom says "Plus dirty diapers have touched those seats," Rory says.

"Well, let's just go somewhere where things are not for sale. Let's be rid of temptation" Mom says "Sounds good, I will meet you guys down there I am gonna go to the restroom" I say, "Okay hun hurry" Mom says I nod and Run off.

After I finish I walk out and look for mom and Rory, where are they? As I am about to pull out my phone I see them walking with Grandma, oh boy. I walk up to them and say hi to Grandma, I stay walking in the back with Rory while Mom and Grandma walk in front of us.

It is very hard to keep up with Grandma but we try. Grandma buys almost everything in the store then gets really angry and starts yelling. Mom gets her to calm down and we walk out to the food court. "Where are we going?" Grandma questions. 

"Right around the corner here" Mom says "We really should have taken our bags" Grandma says "They said they'd hold them" I say glancing at Grandma "I'm totally turned around. Where are we?" Grandma asks.

"You'll smell in a second" Rory says, Grandma then gasps "What is this?" Grandma asks "It's the food court," I say looking at her "How long has this been here?" Grandma asks "You've never been to the food court, Mom?" Mom asks "No" Grandma says.

"Where do you eat when you shop?" Rory asks "I leave and go to a restaurant," Grandma says "With this Valhalla of international cuisine so close?" Mom asks "But it's cafeteria-style," Grandma says.

"That's the fun," Rory says "Here. Best table in the house" Mom says "It's plastic" Grandma says "Plastic is a vital part of our bright tomorrow" I say "Soon we'll all be living in plastic houses" Mom says.

"On the moon" Rory adds "What are you talking about?" Grandma asks "We're pulling your leg, Grandma," Rory says"Well don't do that," Grandma says "So what are you in the mood for?" Mom asks "I don't know," Grandma says.

"I want Mexican" Rory says "I kind of feel like Moroccan" Mom says, they look at me "Chinese, for me!" I say and they nod "So smorgasbord," Rory asks "Yeah. Come on" Mom says "Wait. Here" Grandma says trying to hand mom a credit card.

"Oh, no, Mom. Moe's Moroccan Palace does not take credit cards" Mom says "You're kidding" Grandma says "It's on us" Mom says then looks to me and Rory and whispers "Keep an eye on her. Make sure she doesn't wander off" we nod and go get food.

After that we talk about a lot of things while eating, I got worried because Grandma and Grandpa aren't communicating well. I hope they work it out. After shopping, I decided to just stay with Jake because I didn't feel like driving all the way back to New York.