42

~Outfit for the wedding~

I wake up to Jake drying his hair. He smiles at me and I smile back. I stand up and walk over to the bathroom and I go in and turn on the water for a shower.

~At The Windsor Club After The Ceremony~

They introduce Grandma and Grandpa and Grandpa takes the microphone and Grandma takes a seat in front of him.

"Thank you. *clears his throat* On behalf of myself and my second wife, Emily, I would like to thank you all for coming here to help us celebrate. You are good friends, and we are very, very lucky. Now, in planning our traditional first dance, I gave a lot of thought to the song that would represent the next phase in our marriage. The best phase in our marriage, I believe. *Grandma blows him a kiss* I went over all the greats Bennett, Sinatra, Chuck Berry, and a story popped into my head. Now, most of you know my daughter, Lorelai. When Lorelai was three, she went through a period of having chronic ear infections. It was terrible. Screaming all night long, we couldn't keep a nanny longer than a week."

"Yeah, that was the terrible part. The searing pain was just a side note" Mom whispers to Luke.

"And so, it fell to Emily to sit with her all night long. She tried everything to calm her down. Finally, she found a song that seemed to soothe her. It was a popular song on the radio and it soon became Emily's favorite. Of course, it drove me crazy some woman complaining about how she wanted to marry a man named Bill. Not exactly Cole Porter. Emily would tease me, saying, If only your name was Bill, then this could be our song. Well, Emily, for tonight, and tonight only, my name is Bill, and this is our song. Hit the button, Johnny" Grandpa says and music starts playing He pulls her to her feet and they start dancing.

Jake and I dance for what feels like forever, all our cares going away. After a while, I get pulled away to be in a family photo. Mom goes off to look for Rory and after a while, they come back but mom looks really upset.

~A Few Days Later~

I get a call from Rory about how mom and Luke broke up which is upsetting, Mom is a mess, and right now Rory and I are sitting with her. We quickly buy a bunch of stuff and set up her bedroom with everything she needs. After that, we both go back to school and I go to my Vocal training class. I just hope that Luke will come around and they will get back together. They are meant for each other and everyone knows it.