37

Today is the day, the Dragonfly Inn does its test run, May just came with me and is sitting on the bench that is right in front of the desk listening to music and reading. Mom walked over at one point and said that is what I used to look like, which made me smile. Mom and Rory were in the dining room, setting up while I was in the Library working on putting books up when Rory walked in and told me to come out to the porch.

"Okay. Everybody, the doors are on the way, guests are coming. Everybody outside to greet them. It's showtime. Let's go! Okay, everyone, remember, these people are not our friends. They are customers. Just relax, don't rush, and don't kill anybody" Mom says once we are all out there "Here they come!" Sookie says and we see three trolleys arrive with guests. "Hi, everyone. Welcome to the Dragonfly Inn" Mom says "Oh, will you look at this place!" Miss Patty says.

"It's a paradise. Oh, Lorelai, the babies that are going to be conceived on this property!" Babette almost shouts. "Oh, are those horses! Babette, look at the horses" Miss Patty says pointing them out. "That's Cletus and Desdemona, and if anyone would like to go for a ride, Michel can set it up for you," Mom says and Taylor walks up to us "So, do I bring my own bags in or?" Taylor asks "No, you don't. Eric, Jeremy, Sam, these bags, please" Mom calls over to the boys.

"The blue one has breakables" Taylor says and walks away as Tom comes up to us "Okay, they're unloading them in the back. I already sent Dean in to start putting them up" Tom says "Great. Thank you, Tom" Mom says "I'll be right back" Rory says walking away "Hey go Make sure the keys are ready" Mom says to me, I nod and smile at her.

Once I am inside I go to the front desk and see May sitting there, I smile at her which she returns. I give everyone their keys and go ahead and hand May the keys for our room and tell her to go up and settle her stuff in. "There you go, room eight" I say handing the two men their keys "Just follow your door *Rory approaches* Hey, you know, this door thing is actually pretty fun" Mom says. "Michel said to fill in for him. Kirk has him taking the light bulbs out of all the sconces" Rory says, then Grandma and Grandpa enter with a bunch of bags

"Oh, Mom, Dad! Look, Rory, Alex there are your grandparents and everything they own" Mom says "You didn't tell us what attire was required, so I had to pack everything" Grandma says. "Hi, Grandma. Hi, Grandpa" Rory says "We're so glad you could come" I say. "We're delighted to be here. May we have our key? I'm tired from the drive" Grandpa says "It takes twenty minutes to get here" Mom says "It felt longer" Grandpa says "Which way do we go, upstairs?" Grandma asks.

"No, mom, you and dad aren't upstairs. You're in our nicest room. Guys, will you take my parents to room twelve? The boys will take you there" Mom says. "Where are they going?" Grandma asks "Just follow them, Mom" Mom says. "They're heading outside" Grandma says "Yes. Your room has its own entrance for privacy" Mom says

"Oh. Well, fine. We'll see you later, Rory and Alex" Grandma says, We say bye and they leave "You are the bad seed," Rory says "I have the prettiest mother. Everybody thinks so." Mom says Stroking Rory's cheek while speaking in odd voice. Then Luke enters and I push mom towards him making Rory laugh, I then head upstairs to mine and May's room.

Once I get there I knock on the door and walk in and see May laying on one of the beds. "Hey you get settled okay?" I ask sitting next to her. "Yeah! thanks for letting me come" she says smiling "no problem plus you opened up with me even though you have only known me for a few months" I say. "You are easy to talk to I mean you listen and don't push people," May says which makes me smile. "Come on let's go down stairs maybe ride the horses" I say, she nods and puts her shoes on and we go downstairs.

After Riding the horses both May and I shower then go downstairs and sit with Rory and Jackson to eat food. "Hey, how it going?" Mom asks "It's going very well" I say and everyone nods "Very, very well" Jackson says mom chuckles. "Oh, Jackson, I love the shirt" Mom says "Isn't it great? It's an anniversary gift from Sookie" Jackson says. "Sweet," Rory says "These two kids," I say pointing at Jackson. "I got to tell you, I was completely surprised. I figured, with the test run and everything, she'd be way too busy to remember" Jackson says.

"Aw, What are you talking about?" Mom asks "Sookie could never forget her mushroom man" I finish for mom causing Rory and May to laugh "I'd love her to forget that nickname though," Jackson says, "The food's great, mom," Rory says, "Yes, it is great," May says smiling. "Although I admit, I know the chef, so I'm a little biased," Rory says.

"You're a little biased. I'm sleeping with her" Jackson says but goes quiet to say the last part "You also grew the vegetables" I add. "Oh, I did. I can't be trusted at all" Jackson says and Tom walks by, Mom and Tom talk a little then he walks away. "I'm gonna go make the rounds," Mom says "We'll be here," I say and she leaves.

We finished eating and played a few games, May went upstairs while I stayed down to finish up a few things when I saw Jason come in and try to talk to mom but she wouldn't talk to him. Then Grandma and Grandpa came in and caused a scene which stressed mom out. She asked Rory to go get music for guest and it has been awhile, I decided to go to the house to find her.

When I got there mom showed up just a little after me and saw Rory and Dean rush out of the bedroom, Rory had done slept with a married man, one of my friends' husbands. Rory and I had never fought before and we did and now we aren't talking. I went back to the Dragonfly and went to my room.