40

(Her Outfit for the Party)

I get out of my car just as Rory pulls up next to me, I run up and Hug her. "Ahh I have missed you so much," I tell her "Me too Alex me too," Rory says "Why am I here I go to Juilliard, not Yale," I say looking at her. 

"They said I could bring either you or a friend and I chose you because we haven't spent time together," Rory says making me smile. "Hey, Grandma," Rory and I say together as we walk in  "Rory! Alexandra! Oh, look at you both! Will you look at them? *yells at a servant* I said look at them! aren't they beautiful?" Grandma smiles. 

"Yes, very beautiful," The Servant says and walks away quickly "I love those dresses, very elegant!" Grandma says "Thanks, Grandma," I say smiling "The place looks wonderful!" Rory says  "Oh, there's too much blue," Grandma says. 

"It's Yale alumni, there can't be too much blue." Rory says "Emily, I noticed the bartenders weren't planning on using proper martini glasses. *Sees Rory and I* Well, Rory, Alex how lovely you both look tonight" Grandpa says.

"Don't they? The dresses are just divine. But you know what? My hairdresser's upstairs in my bedroom right now, why don't you both go on up and have her do a little something with your hair?" Grandma says "our hair?" Rory asks.

 "Just for kicks. Come on, I'll take you both up. Richard, could you..." Grandma says "I have it all under control," Grandpa says "Thank you. Come on!" Grandma says pulling us upstairs "oh Grandma I forgot to tell you I have to leave at eight I have a few things early tomorrow morning" I lie but no one knows. 

After Grandma's Hairdresser did my hair I excused myself and went downstairs and was walking around with Grandpa but I noticed all the young people here are Guys and there aren't any Girls. That's when it clicked in my head what this party was. 

It's so they can get Rory with a great guy who is also rich of course I should have seen it coming that is why I didn't get a call from them but from Rory. I decide to stay a little longer but I grab my phone and tell Jake to pick me up a little sooner.

"Everyone, here's Rory!" I hear Grandma say, I look up and see Rory looking beautiful and dressed up. She looks like she belongs here but I don't. "You look absolutely royal," Grandpa says "Well, it's probably the crown," Rory says and looks at me and grabs my arm linking them "Emily, you did a fine job." Grandpa says "Thank you, Richard," Grandma says.

"Oh, uh, Rory, Alex I'd like you to meet Min and Argus Head and their son Andrew. Andrew, this is my granddaughter Rory and my youngest Granddaughter Alexandra" Grandpa says "Nice to meet you" Andrew says  "Nice to meet you too," I say and excuse myself. I walk around for a little bit... I saw Rory leave with some guy which is upsetting.

I get introduced to all these people and start feeling like there are so many people here and everything feels like it is closing in on me. I quickly walk outside trying to even my breaths but can't I feel like I am going to pass out. I sit on the ground outside trying to calm down but can't, I start shaking and feel tears starting to stream down my face. I hear someone calling my name, I look over and see Kat waving to me.

As She walks closer she saw I was crying and shaking. She quickly runs over to me and bends down to my level. She has helped me through Anxiety and Panic attacks before. I feel her grab my hands "Hey, Hey, Alex Look at me" I hear her say I look at her and see her smile a little.

 "Breath with me okay...*I nod my head as best as I can* That's it, Alex," Kat says I finally get calm enough to sand up. She quickly pulls me in for a hug and I bury my head into her shoulder quietly sobbing "What happened?" Kat asks.

"This Party was for Rory to get to know other guys she wanted me to go so I said I would, long story short she left to hang out with some guy leaving me alone. There were some many people Kat" I say trying to not get myself in another Anxiety Attack.

 "Hey it's okay it's fine now I'm here don't worry," Kat says "Come on let's get you to Jake's home," Kat says as we walk to my car. We get in and I sit in the passenger's seat while Kat drives me back to Jake's place. Before we left she called him and told him that she was bringing me home.

After Kat dropped me off at Jake's she went back to the Hollow I told her to take my car because Jake and I will drive up tomorrow and can pick my car up then. I walk into the apartment and see Jake in the kitchen washing the dishes. 

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him "Hey love" I say quietly "Hey are you okay?" He asks turning around and wrapping his arms around me. "That party was horrible," I smile softly. Jake nods knowing I don't really want to talk about it. "Wanna watch some more FRIENDS? or do you want to just go to bed?" Jake asks "Can we just go to bed?" I ask He smiles and nods.