one.

CHAPTER ONE,
the real world.

"No!" Jesus shouted. Everyone watched in horror as Daryl held Aiden tightly to his chest. They could see her eyes shut and her body limp.

Her chest wasn't moving.

She wasn't breathing.

Daryl looked down at her and brushed her hair from her face. "Aid?" They heard his voice break. "Aiden?"

His eyes shot up to the people surrounding them. Payton, Xavier, Jesus, Aaron, Maggie, Enid, Carol, Ezekiel, Nathaniel, and Macy. "She's- she ain't breathin'." He whispered.

"Someone do something!" Maggie shouted, her eyes wide. She wasn't going to lose anyone.

So Payton Reed sprung into action.

"Lay her flat on her back," he ordered Daryl. "We gotta do this before she changed." Daryl obeyed and laid his wife on her back. "We're gone do CPR."

"How? She got shot in the chest?" Daryl asked him.

"Just do what I say," Payton said. "Chest compressions, that's what I'm gonna do. You plug her nose and breath twice into her mouth every thirty compressions. Got it?"

Daryl nodded.

After what felt like hours, Aiden sucked in a breath. Her heart started pumping again.

Daryl and Payton both fell backwards, staring at the woman. "We did it," Payton said breathlessly. "We saved her, Daryl."

Aiden Dixon stood inside Alexandria's walls. She wanted nothing more than to go out and fight with the rest of her family. But her chest and hip were still healing from the gunshot wounds that nearly killed— that had killed her. Not to mention the other gunshot wound in her shoulder.

Everyone knew how stupidly reckless Aiden was. They knew how the woman would leave Alexandria and go help fight.

Aiden wasn't the only one who wasn't going to fight the Saviors. Rosita wasn't, neither was Michonne or Carl.

Rosita was still healing from being shot as well, Michonne was recuperating from getting beat down by a garbage person and Carl simply wasn't allowed.

Aiden walked up to Carl and Michonne. "Hello, my favorite Grimes and katana yielding badass."

"Hey." Carl said.

"Hi, Aiden." Michonne said with a look, "you're not leaving."

Aiden whined, "it's not fair. I was shot, that's all. I've been shot four times before."

"You lost a hell of a lot of blood. You died for a minute, Aiden. You're not leaving."

"So what? I died, no biggie. I'm still here. Still alive and well." Aiden said, "please, Mich, if I leave now, I can catch up to them."

"No." Michonne said, "you're not leaving. That's final." Aiden rolled her eyes and stalked off.