six.

CHAPTER SIX,
red, red, red.

The five women left the Hilltop to meet the people. They came to a stop once they saw a van parked at a crossroads with two women standing in front of it.

"Okay." Michonne mumbled as they got out. Aiden had her beretta in her hands as she stared at the two. They opened the door to the van. A older woman with a suit on, and short hair stepped out.

"My name is Georgie," she introduced herself, "and these are my friends, Hilda and Midge. And you are?" The woman asked and none of them responded. "Suspicious. But curious enough to what I have to offer for food and music. I do hope the records are music. I don't accept spoken word. If you're out here, you know how to take care of yourselves, and I like that. I don't care to share with the weak." The lady said and Aiden's eyes shifted to Rosita who walked out of the woods with her gun pointed at Georgie.

"Good." Maggie said strongly, "Enid." Enid walked up and her and Rosita took the weapons off of Midge and Hilda.

Enid approached Georgie before the woman said, "none for me." Enid gave her a look before patting her down.

"Give us what you have." Maggie said to her.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I come bearing knowledge to trade- essential knowledge for the future, primarily in my head, and uh, I prefer to keep that where it is." Georgie said and Aiden furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're trading knowledge." Aiden stated.

"That's what I have. I've made the same offer before- fill the crates, get the knowledge- simple as that. It's not a trick, just a fair trade. I promise you."

"It's an act of benevolence." Hilda spoke.

"Why would you do that?" Maggie asked the woman.

"What else should I do?" She retorted.

"Rosita." Aiden said and the Latina moved to the van. The three women looked at Rosita.

"Uh, what's in there isn't part of the deal." Georgie spoke.

"There isn't a deal." Aiden said sternly.

"How many communities have you found?" Rosita asked her as she moved from the van.

"Communities like yours?" Georgie looked at her. "Not many at all. And not one for a very long time. What you have is special, unusual. The dead have brought out our best and worst, and the worst has been outpacing the best lately, but that won't last forever." Georgie spoke.

The new world had treated Aiden like shit but she knew if the world hadn't collapsed she never would've met her new family. She never would've met the love of her life or had Elliot. She never would've met Glenn. She'd never regret meeting him.

But it threw many curveballs at her. She lost more people than she could even count.

"It won't." Midge butt in.

"If, perhaps, people can believe in people again, four crates of goods is worth far less than a sustainable future and perhaps an exercise in trust." They only stared at her. "I know- trust sounds like a made-up word now, like flibberschticky." Georgie spoke.