seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN,
man not machine.

The following day after the fight Aiden helped out around the Hilltop as they all gathered the Saviors bodies or bodies of the people they lost.

Aiden eyeballed Siddiq as he exited the medic trailer, "hey!" She called out to him.

He looked at her and asked, "you hurt?"

"No, I just... I wanted to say that what you're doing is helpin' a lot of people. And that I know you feel guilty about Carl. Believe me, I know the feeling of blaming yourself over a death very, very well. But Carl... he did what he thought was right. He believed that you would be a valuable member to this community. And you will be, you already are. But Carl was right, when he said you're stuck with us. Cause you're family now." Aiden said to him and Siddiq smiled at her.

"Thanks, Aiden." He turned to walk off.

"Hey," Aiden called after him and he stopped, "my family calls me Aid. Get used to it." He smiled again and turned and walked towards Barrington House.

Aiden rubbed her eyes before stalking over to Jesus, "hey." She said to him.

"Hi." He replied. She laid her head on his shoulder and the man she saw as a brother wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"You good?" He asked her.

"Yeah." She said. Both knew she was lying. "Just... you know about Carl?"

He nodded, "yeah, I do. I'm sorry. I know how much he meant to you."

"Yeah." Was all Aiden could muster up.

Jesus looked at her with brotherly love, "I'm glad you're okay, Aid." Jesus said to her.

Aiden smiled softly at him, "I'm glad you're a part of my family," she smiled and Jesus kissed her temple.

»

The following night Aiden woke to screams and walker growls. Her and Daryl both shot up from their spot beside each other. Elliot was still asleep beside them in his crib. The two rushed from the trailer quickly and Aiden made sure the door was shut behind them.

She wasn't going to let any thing touch her baby.

They ran into Barrington House where Aiden gaped in shock at the chaos.

There was screams.

Haunting screams.

Aiden gripped her knife and Carl's. A new skill she was teaching herself. Duel yielding.

She stabbed two walkers at once and yanked her knives from their skulls. Shoving both into other walkers. Aiden placed her foot on ones throat and stabbed it before stomping the other ones head in.

After several minutes of killing the walkers and people screaming it stopped. "The hell happened?" Daryl asked roughly.

"I don't know. Maybe walkers got in." Rick replied.