twenty-five.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE,
the pike victims.

Aiden and Daryl watched as their kids ran off towards Connie. They looked at their bracelets. Aiden's had 'D' and a 'W' intertwined and a oak tree.

The tree was a symbol of survival.

Daryl's was more like a chain like Elliot's with a small heart with 'D', 'B', 'E', and 'A' carved into it and a motorcycle.

"Huh," Daryl huffed. "Them kids are somethin' else."

"Yeah, but we made those kids." Aiden smiled.

"And we did damn good," Daryl said with a small grin. Aiden kissed his lips quickly before the two made their way to his motorcycle.

The gates to the Kingdom opened and the Dixon couple led the convoy out of the community.

»

Aiden followed the Highwaymen she had heard about while at the Kingdom. The leader, Ozzy, led them towards what they had found.

"We were clearing the roads. Spotted tracks leading here." Ozzy explained to them.

Aiden liked the Highwaymen already.

They were badass and someone you wouldn't wanna mess with at first glance.

Ozzy had the most amazing hoarse, southern voice.

"It's from Hilltop," Magna said as she picked up something up off the group.

"Dead didn't do this. People did." Ozzy said.

"The skins?" Michonne quizzed. "You know about them?"

"We got the download. Strange times, strange ways to cope. Anyway, yeah. That'd be my guess. If anyone else was out here, my patrols would've seen 'em. Something else... they put up a fight." Ozzy said to them all.

"Hey. Drug 'em out this way," Daryl pointed.

"Let's go," Cal spoke.

"We can't all just go rushing in there." Aiden looked at the man. "Too dangerous."

"They could still be alive," Dianna said her piece.

"But if those skin freaks followed them from the Hilltop, the whole community is in danger right now." Marco said.

"So we split up." Michonne suggested.

"Michonne, Payton, and I can go with Daryl and Aiden. We'll track 'em. The rest of you, go on to the Hilltop." Carol said.

"We'll keep up our patrols around the Kingdom. Just in case," Ozzy reassured. "'Course, this means you owe us a couple movies when this is done." He said to Carol.

"I'm sure I can work that out," she replied to him. Aiden grinned.

"Hey. Wait up." Aiden heard Yumiko's voice.