nineteen.

CHAPTER NINETEEN,
the girl.

"You die now." A whisper was heard. Walkers upon walkers surrounded them.

"Go. Now." Michonne whispered to them.

"Aiden, we gotta go." Nathaniel said through his tears.

Daryl and Nathaniel picked up Jesus' body, "come on! Let's go!" Daryl ordered.

»

Aiden couldn't breathe as she trudged along side everyone else. Her sobs were suppressed. Everyone else walked in front of her— they found the horses.

Jesus' body on one, the two women on another and Eugene on the the other.

Aiden walked by herself. Tears falling down her face. Hands shaking as she clutched her Bowie knife.

"We got some tails," Aiden heard one of the new comers, Magna, say. She looked up at Dog after hearing him bark.

"The living kind or original recipe?" Eugene asked.

"Let's find out," Daryl said and they walked in the direction of the walkers of people. "Good dog."

Aiden could feel the hatred surging through her bones. They approached the bridge. Aiden and Daryl stood side-by-side. He fired his crossbow into one walkers legs. It kept moving like normal. He fired into the next ones legs and he fell to the ground screaming. It wasn't a walker after all. The three normal walkers started to eat him.

One of the others was killed by Michonne, "drop it!" Aiden yelled at the other one who pulled out a knife. They dropped it and hit their knees with their hands up.

Aiden ripped the mask off and a terrified, teenage girl stared back up at her, "please... please don't kill me! Please!" She begged. Aiden handed the mask to Michonne.

"How many?" Michonne asked harshly.

"Please... you killed them all. It's just me now." The girl said. 

Michonne held here katana to her throat, "I don't believe you."

They heard walkers growling. They looked and saw a herd coming towards them, "there ain't no time. We'll take her with us." Daryl said. Michonne looked at him like he was crazy.

"We gotta." Aiden said. Michonne pulled her katana away from her and Daryl yanked her up.

"Hey! You try anything," Michonne held the mask in the girls face, "you won't have to pretend."

"Let's go. Come on." Daryl said and they walked off.

The girl cried and whimpered the whole way back to Hilltop. They walked through the gates. Everyone looked so happy as they returned but their faces dropped when they saw Jesus' dead body.

"Is that Uncle Jesus?" Aiden heard a small voice. She whipped around and saw her two children standing not five feet from them.

Their eyes were wide and mouths open.

She walked over to the two and knelt down in front of them, "um, out there... there- there were people in walker masks. Uncle Jesus didn't realize. And one got to him before he got out of the place. He was trying to help us, to make sure we lived." Aiden said and flared her nostrils to keep her tears back, "Uncle Jesus is better off now. He won't have to deal with anymore pain."