twenty-two.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO,
alpha's beta.

Aiden and Daryl were both leaving during the night after Addy gave them a note Henry wrote.

He left to go after Lydia.

The two heard footsteps and turned their attention to see Connie running after them. She stopped in front of the two and started writing in her note pad, where are you two going?

Daryl pulled out Henry's note and showed it to her. Connie read it and started to write again, I'm going with you.

"No," Daryl said instantly and the two started to walk again. Connie grabbed his arm to stop the two. She pointed at words from before.

"Why?" Aiden asked her.

She wasn't opposed to Connie coming with them.

I can't live with it either. Is what her next words said. The duo started to walk away. Aiden nodded and Connie ran after the two. Dog trotted alongside them.

»

Aiden and Connie walked side-by-side with Daryl in front of them, watching the ground. Connie signed, how do you know ASL?

I went to school with a deaf man, Aiden sighed back. Connie nodded

The three came to a stop at a ditch when Aiden saw Henry's boot print in the mud. Connie wrote in her notepad, he caught up w/ them.

"Yeah. Yeah, there was a struggle." Daryl said. Connie waved her finger in his face before doing the watching fingers and pointing to his eyes, then hers, then back to his. "They caught up to him."

Dog barked and Aiden climbed into the ditch, "good boy." She said, "good boy." She picked up Henry's stick. "It's his stick."

"They went that way." Daryl pointed in a direction. Three walkers rounded the corner. Daryl nodded towards them. He and Connie both fired a rock and bolt, killing two of the walkers.

"Not fair," Aiden huffed and threw Carl's knife. Hitting the last walker right in the eye. Dog came up beside her and grabbed Daryl's bolt. He trotted back over to Daryl.

"Out." Daryl said. The bolt broke in half. Aiden scoffed as Daryl spoke, "bad dog."

Daryl climbed out of the the ditch. He held his hand out to Aiden. She grabbed it and climbed out of the ditch.

"When we find Henry, I'm bringin' Lydia back, too." Aiden said to Daryl. "I'm not letting her stay with her psycho mom."

"Nah, she's stayin'."

»

The three had found the camp and night had fallen. The three had led walkers into their camp. "Guardians!" She heard one of them shout.

Aiden, Connie, and Daryl both had a mask on. Daryl grabbed Henry's arm causing him to whip around. "Come on. We're leavin'."