twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE,
the accident at the
lumber sight.

Aiden had made it back to Alexandria. She opened the door and the man looked up at her, "well hello there, gorgeous."

"Shut up, asshole." Aiden hissed as she grabbed the chair outside the cell, she plopped down in it. "So, these walls driving you crazy yet?"

Negan sighed and sat up, "it's gonna take longer to drive me crazy."

She sighed solemnly, "it'd be better if you were dead and not a prisoner. So, Negan, tell me- what's stoppin' from putting a cap in you right now?"

Negan stared at Aiden intently, "cause you know how Rick'll react." Negan replied.

"You remember callin' us animals?" She asked him and he nodded. "You had that twisted. You... the Saviors were animals. What you did was nothing short of monstrous."

"You killed my people first." Negan retorted.

"Maybe your people should've been better prepared," she snarled. "So you lined us up and you killed two of us. Do you know their names? The two men you killed, do you know their names?"

Negan only stared.

"Glenn Rhee and Abraham Ford." She stated. Negan watched her leg bounce and her hand inch towards her Beretta. "Glenn had a wife and a son on the way. He'll never get to see his child grow. Abraham has just found love with Sasha. They would've flourished into something amazing. But you- you ruined that."

She pulled her Beretta from its holster and stood so fast he chair tipped backwards. Negan sat up straighter as he stared at the barrel of her gun.

"I'm gonna kill you now," she said. Negan only looked at her.

And just as she pulled the trigger the door burst open and her gun was knocked away from her. Negan jumped as she bullet flew past his shoulder and into the wall behind him.

Aiden looked up at the person with eyes.

Payton.

"What the hell, Payton?" She screamed. "Why would you stop me!?"

She could hear people running in the streets towards the little prison for Negan. Michonne, Rick, Daryl, and Rosita all appeared behind Payton.

"Why would you stop me!?" She screamed again, her eyes wide with tears.

"Aiden..." Payton breathed out, "you can't."

"The hell you mean I can't? He murdered them! He gets to keep breathing when Glenn, and Abraham, and Sasha are all dead!? Olivia and Spencer, too? He doesn't get to live!"

"If he dies, the Saviors will riot." Rick spoke up. "How'd you get to kill, Aiden?"

"She got them off of me," Payton sighed. "She snagged 'em when we were talking."

"Let me kill him, Rick. Please!" She shouted. A tear fell down her face. "This is what he deserves!"

"I can't let you do that, Aiden."