fourteen.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,
no exceptions.

Aiden and Jerry had paired up. "I am goddamn telling you, it's Oceanside, Jerry. That's who took her."

"No way, dude." Jerry scoffed, "Oceanside, really?"

"Yes, Oceanside. You seen the puncture would on Justin? If it wasn't Daryl or Dianne, who both shoot arrows and bolts. It had to have been Oceanside, they carry those spears. They're round, small."

Jerry thought for a moment, "huh. That's... that's actually a good theory." The two heard a growl. Jerry grabbed his battle axe while Aiden pulled out her machete.

They saw a walker stumbling towards them, "I got it." Aiden said. She walked towards it and stabbed it. She didn't see the other walker on the ground until it grabbed her ankle. She gasped and Jerry moved just as Aiden hit the ground. Her machete landed a couple feet away from her. Jerry quickly killed it with his badass battle axe.

He pulled Aiden to her feet, "thanks, pal." She said as she picked up her machete. She sheathed it.

"Before shit hit the fan, I killed a person." Aiden dove into a story she hadn't told anyone in a very long time but she knew how much Jerry enjoyed her stories, "he pulled a gun on me and Payton. So I killed him. It wasn't a huge loss, he was an abusive prick who beat his five year old son to death. Ever since then I've kept count. I've probably killed more people than most of the people around here, except maybe Rick or Carol." Aiden said. Jerry looked over at her.

"I don't know how many I've killed. I only do it when I have to." Jerry said.

Aiden thought for a moment, "I don't care about death anymore. Or if I have to kill. I just can't let y'all get hurt, know what I mean? I can't let my family get hurt." Aiden stated. "Or I'll black out again."

"When you, ya know, black out, what's it like?" Jerry asked her.

Aiden furrowed her eyebrows, "all I see is red. It's like I have a kill switch that turns on when I black out. I'm out for blood when it happens. I'm dangerous." She said.

"You're badass," Jerry said with raised eyebrows. "I don't care what you or others say, you're fucking badass."

»

"You kill Justin with that thing?" Daryl asked Beatrice as he and Maggie stood near the Oceanside people who had Arat kneeling with a gun to her head.

"She killed my husband." She replied.

Daryl lowered his crossbow. "Aiden was righ'. It was y'all taking 'em out."

"Daryl, please." Arat begged.

"They got a reason?" Daryl asked her.

"We've all done things." Arat said to him. She wasn't wrong. They had all done horrible things to get where they were.

"People will find out." Maggie said. It was a damn true fact. Once Daryl told Aiden, she'd be out and confronting them about it.

"She's the last one. After this, it's over." Cyndie said to the two.

"Maybe for you. But it won't be. With something like this, it keeps going." Maggie informed her.