nine.

CHAPTER NINE,
one last battle.

It was the next day.

The day it all ended.

The day they got justice.

They say the ended it all.

The a small group stood around the map Dwight had given them. Daryl spoke, "alright. We'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker. Plus, we can keep an eye on the road that way."

"Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it." Rosita spoke up.

"You think you can trust Gregory?" Payton asked them with his arms crossed. "What he told us?"

"I locked him up inside the house. He knew I wouldn't let him walk around free. He knew he was coming back to that. He doesn't believe in anything except himself, and he'd have to believe in the Saviors a whole lot to send us into a trap and think it would work out for him." Maggie stated.

"Unless Dwight didn't tell him. That asshole could be setting us up." Daryl said. The group all looked at Morgan as he walked past them. Carol followed after him.

Aiden walked into her and Daryl's trailer. She grabbed her M16 and checked the mag. It was fully loaded. She pulled her Beretta out of her thigh holster and checked its clip as well, also fully loaded. She clipped her belt around her waist and sheathed all of her blades. All three of them. She could feel her pocket knife in her boot.

She wore a pair of black jeans that had seen worse days, there was a large rip in the knee. A button down gray shirt that was tucked into her jeans and her usual combat boots. She tucked her shoulder length hair behind her ear and she left the trailer.

She saw Nathaniel talking to Jesus and she smirked. He winked at her and she nodded.

Aiden and Daryl walked inside Barrington House where they saw Annalise with the three children. Aiden crouched beside her son and picked him up, "hi baby," she whispered to him.

She stood to her full height and her and Daryl both kissed his head. "I love ya, son." Daryl said quietly to his son.

"I love you, Elliot." Aiden whispered to him and set him back down. The baby looked at his parents as they exited the building.

They made their way to the first team that was about to head out. It consisted of Daryl, Aiden, Payton, Xavier, Nathaniel, Macy, Jesus, Morgan, Michonne, Rick, Carol, Rosita, Ezekiel, Jerry, and Vivian.

»

The group eyeballed a group of Saviors in the road taking buckets off of walkers heads. Payton signaled and they laid fire on the Saviors.

They all walked down and Aiden crouched down beside one that she killed. His brown eyes stared up at her and she swore she saw Dalton Simons staring up at her. She blinked and saw the blue haired Savior once again. She pulled his gun out of his waistband and tucked it in the waistband of her own jeans.

Aiden stood and they all made sure the men were fully dead.

"Good people, found something on our quarry." Ezekiel said aloud.