eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
attacks and executions.

"Maybe we should leave the supplies, send a group back in a day or two." Maggie stated as they stopped. They couldn't pull the wagon through the mud and the horses were exhausted.

"It's risky. We've seen herds come through and destroy bigger things than this." Michonne spoke up.

Aiden stood up on the small ridge and Daryl joined her. "We can swap out the horses, split up, take 'em out in the clear, give 'em a rest." Rick suggested. "While we can see what we can do about the trailers.

Daryl looked at his wife, "ya okay?" He asked her. She looked up at him.

"Fine," she replied. "When're you gonna come back to Alexandria? Your son misses you."

"Soon, Aid. The Sanctuary- well, ya just gotta see for yourself."

»

The group all strained and groaned as they tried to pull the wagon through the mud, "Rick!" Michonne said. They all looked up and saw walkers coming towards them.

"We're almost there." Ezekiel said.

"One more time. One, two, three." Rick said and they all pulled and Ezekiel pushed. They got the wagon across.

"Good. Let's get out of here. Daryl, Michonne, Aiden." Rick said.

"On it." Michonne said and the three ran towards the walkers. Aiden pulled out her machete and and killed one.

"We gotta go! Leave the wagon!" Rick said.

"I gotta free her!" Ken yelled and ran back towards the horse.

"Ken, Wait!" Aiden shouted. He didn't listen and ran towards the horse. A walker came behind him and bit his arm. The horse then reared back and kicked him in the chest.

Everyone rushed towards the boy. Aiden hit her knees beside him and he grabbed her hand.

Aiden let tears slip down her face as the boy said, "I'm not gonna make it. I'm not gonna..." there was so much chaos. Aiden stood and pulled out her knife and Carl's. She stabbed one walker and kicked it stomach. The walker crashed into another one and it fell to the ground. She stabbed it.

Once the walkers were all dead they looked at Maggie and the others. She was crying and looked up at them.

Ken was gone.

»

"Rick Grimes is here!" A Savior shouted when they entered the Sanctuary.

"That's the man that ended the war," another said as they walked past. "Is Negan suffering? I hope he damn well is."

"Hello," Eugene approached them. "All was well in your absence, other than a certain cabal of Saviors slingin' me with some serious stink eye, but I've complied a list of items that need your semi-immediate attention."