twenty-three.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE,
talks and flashbacks.

Italics - flashback
Print - normal timeline

Daryl had Aiden's unconscious body in his arms when they approached Alexandria.

"Henry and Aiden are hurt. You were closest," Daryl said when he saw Michonne and Aaron climb up on the watch point. "I wouldn't have come. We had no other choice."

"What about her?" Michonne asked, looking at Lydia.

"She's with us." Henry replied. Daryl nodded in agreement.

"Open it!" Michonne called after she spoke to Aaron.

»

After Siddiq stitched up Henry, he moved to Aiden's unconscious body. Her shirt was off but the blanket covered up her body expect her head and shoulders. She was pale, bruised, and bloody.

Daryl sat by her, staring at her face. "She gone be alrigh', Doc?" He asked Siddiq.

Siddiq nodded, "she will. She's a tough one."

"Always has been," Daryl muttered.

"She's dehydrated and malnourished. Has she been getting any sleep?" Siddiq looked at daryl expectingly.

He shook his head.

Siddiq sighed, "she's lost quite a bit of blood. She's gonna need stitches, too."

"Do I need to try and wake her?" Daryl asked. Siddiq shook his head. He grabbed the needle and the thread.

Siddiq started to stitch her up and finished after around ten minutes. The stab would was nasty and jagged from how hard Beta yanked it out of her skin. There were twenty stitches in total.

Aiden woke several minutes after Daryl left. Her eyes squinted and she looked around. She noticed she was in the Alexandria infirmary. "Siddiq?" She mumbled.

She heard the man rush over to her, "hey. You're awake." He said and helped her sit up. "How're you feeling?" He asked her.

She glared at him, "like I got my ass handed to me by a man three times my size." She mumbled. It hurt to speak because of her swollen and bruised cheek bone.

"Yeah, Daryl told me about that." Siddiq said, "here." He handed her two pills and a glass of water. "Pain killers."

She took the medicine and swallowed it and drank the water. "Can I go?" She asked.

He nodded, "don't pull those stitches, Aiden." He said, his eyes stern, "I don't wanna see your ass back in this infirmary, got it?"

Siddiq had Aiden as a patient more times than he could count.

"Thanks, Doc." She patted his shoulder as she left the infirmary.

As soon as she opened the door she saw a smiling Judith staring at her. Aiden's eyes shot wide at her little grin. "Hi, Jude." She said. Judith hugged her.