twenty-one.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE,
confrontation.

Kelly ran up and joined them, looking for her older sister hiding in the corn field. "Our community is more than capable of defending itself!"

"We could light your asses on fire lickety-split!" Aiden yelled down at woman, Tara glanced at her realizing just how much she sounded like Abraham Ford. 

"I show you my face because we mean no harm. I just want my daughter. I know you have her." Alpha said up to them. Her voice was Southern and airy. She had an authority around her, she was leader.

"She's not going back with them," Aiden said to the others without taking her eyes off of Alpha.

"You should turn around. Leave now and no one gets hurt," Daryl spoke.

"Wrong answer." Alpha said and raised her arm. From around the cornfield more of the masked freaks rounded the corner.

"Okay, these goddamn skin freaks gotta go," Aiden hissed. She started to pull out her Beretta before Tara stopped her.

"Don't," Tara said firmly.

"They don't see her." Kelly said as she eyeballed her sister. "Least not yet."

"That girl told me what her mom does to her. We ain't sending her back to that." Daryl stated.

"Hell no, we're not." Aiden growled. She glared at the bald headed bitch and she could feel her staring a hole right back into Aiden's head.

"Yeah, but what if she had Alden and Luke? Pissing her off can get them killed." Tara said.

"Not if we kill them first." Aiden shrugged nonchalantly.

"Did you kill our friends?" Magna yelled down at them. "We found their horses.

"No. Which one of you leads these people?" Alpha asked them.

"What the hell does it matter?" Daryl asked her harshly.

"Then I'll just address all of you. Your people crossed into our land. There will be no conflict. Your people killed our people. There will be no conflict. I'm done talkin'. Bring me my daughter, or there will be conflict."

"What the hell?" Aiden hissed and climbed down the ladders.

"No one touches the girl." Daryl said as he followed her down the later.

"Where are they going?"

"Daryl, Aiden, stop."

"Does she have Alden and Luke?" Enid asked the two as they walked over toward the gate.

"I don't know," Daryl responded.

"What does she want?" Daryl looked at him and it gave Henry his answer. "No, Daryl- we can't do that!"

"She ain't gettin' her." Aiden reassured Henry.

"Then what are you doing?" He asked them.