Chapter 10 (Who says what?)

Chapter 10 (Who says what!)

Yibo has called all the top executives to introduce Zhan to them. They are all in the huge boardroom now.

"Everyone here, I like to introduce my new assistant, Xiao Zhan to everyone. He graduates from the States and he will be working with Mr Lam" Yibo introduced. Zhan stood up and walk forward and bow slightly to the people. Zhan's eyes caught and he saw many searing, sharp and angry eyes. He could see green and red eyes. To Zhan, others could be jealous or angry and he does not know why. He just step behind Yibo to avoid all these seemingly flying arrows from the people's eyes.

Everyone could see how young Zhan is, the question on everyone's mind is how could Zhan be selected to be the CEO's assistant. Yes, the CEO's assistant. This is a high level pay and usually it has to be promoted through ranks like Mr Lam.

Mr Lam is an elderly man in his fifties, he has been helping Senior Wang and now he is Yibo's PA. Mr Lam has a very kind nature. He came forward and shake Zhan's hand and gave Zhan a very kind and loving look. Zhan relax in his eyes and start to smile sweetly at Mr Lam.

"Oh my gosh, what a captivating smile" an employee couldn't help but shout out. Zhan immediately zipped his smile and looks at Yibo for help. Yibo just nodded at him.

"Mmmm... you can be the assistant if you have that smile" one of them retorted and brought a glare from the CEO. Zhan feelings was in a turmoil as he does not really understand that meaning but seems like biting him in his heart. He stares at YIbo who gave a cold glaze to a group of employees where the words were shooting from. Zhan could see all the black of the head where everyone just bob their heads down.

Mr Lam approach Zhan to clear the tension.

"Zhan, we will be a good team" Mr Lam assured Zhan in his handshake. Zhan was really happy. Yibo's office is at the highest floor on the left side of it, as Hai Kuan being the chairman took the right side of the building. The level is quiet with only the PA's and bosses working in the department. Zhan was nervous and Mr Lam's assuring smile and offer was good enough for him now.

Zhan was at first happy and excited to start working in his ge ge office but he seems to realise that the people are not as nice as he taught them to be. He looked at their eyes and could see jealousy emerging that even a dumbo knows. To add oil to fire, people are commenting about his smile that earned him the job. To Zhan, this is often heard in the university he attended where people would laughs and sometimes insult him due to his good look when he get good grades. Zhan knows that he work hard for his grades. He has inherited the intelligent genes from his dad. However, he has good friends to defend him and one of them is of course Yu Bin. Zhan feels like he is about to battle again, against those jealous people but this time without his good friends. However, he stares at Yibo and Mr Lam seems to give him comfort like his friends in uni.

Yibo was annoyed at all the comments make towards Zhan, knowing how sensitive Zhan is. However, office politics is something that prevail no matter how hard you try to suppress them because mouth belongs to their faces which is control by their jealous brain or head. In Yibo's heart, he will try his best to protect Zhan as he promise Zhan but he also knew that Zhan has to grow and learn how to defend himself just like his father told him "Zhan is too innocent and can be eaten by the wolves in the world". However, in Yibo's care, no one. I MEAN NOONE can hurt Zhan as long as Zhan is with him.

Zhan had worked in the Wang Corporation for a week already. He got along well with Mr Lam. Mr Lam is very pleased to have Zhan because Zhan is fast at computer and his English skills helps Mr Lam to manoeuvre some of the documents that would otherwise needs the company interpreter.