6.2. Did it hurt? When you crawled out of hell?

How are you today? Did you have a good day?

I didn't actually. This Coronavirus lockdown truly is boring. Hope everything becomes fine soon.

Chap 6.2. Did it hurt? When you crawled out of hell?

After two painful minutes, finally the phone started vibrating again and Zivah exhaled with gratitude. "Now pick it up!"

I didn't have to be told twice. I swiped to pick up the call. "Hello."

Alex exhaled from the other side. "Finally. I thought something happened. Where were you?" his tone sounded worried.

"Somewhere I could avoid you, clearly it didn't work."

"Oh." Alex paused. "Hi."

"Is that what you wanted to say?"

"Um no? How are you?"

"I was better when you weren't around." My snarky replies were surprising myself but somehow I couldn't stop. My mouth seemed to have a mind of its own, and I quite liked it.

Alex sighed, not liking my responses or my sarcastic tone. "Can you answer my questions?"

"Can you not ask questions?"

"Can you not question my questions?"

"Can you not answer my questions with questions?"

"Myra!"

"Alex!"

"Fuck you!" he screeched in frustration.

"I bet you want to." My mouth snapped shut, my eyes wide at my words.

Alex didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Oh you have no idea."

I found myself blushing a little at his words. But my sarcastic self wasn't done yet. "I can say I want it too but I am not good at lying."

Alex chuckled now gaining a sense of humour. "Thank god I am wearing gloves because you are too hot to handle."

"I can ignore you so hard you will doubt your own existence."

"I wouldn't want to exist if you wouldn't be talking to me."

Alex was turning super cheesy and I didn't like it. "I am sorry I didn't get you. I don't understand bullshit."

"Did it hurt? When you crawled out of hell?"

I was surprised at that one, wasn't it supposed to be, when you fell from heaven. That jerk! "No but I bet it hurt you when I banished you from my kingdom in hell."

Zivah was now sitting on the chair, her eyes amused and her smiles curled up in a smile. She was clearly enjoying our cynical fight.

"Would you say yes if I asked you out on a date?"

His question stumped me. My mind fumbled for a right answer and I finally blurted out. "No."

"No, you would say yes?" his mocking voice came through the phone. "Great I'll pick you up at 7.00. Be ready Hacker."

And before I could clarify that I meant no, I don't want to go out on a date with him. He had cut the call, the beeping sound ringing in my ears, increasing my frustration level.

I kept the phone on the table, pointedly ignoring Zivah who was impatiently waiting to hear the whole conversation from me. I am pretty sure she was already eavesdropping and she knew what the whole outburst was about but she if she heard it from me, she could tease me about it. That errant woman!