28. Stay safe and by safe I hope you know what I mean.

Dedicated to @Rainboot23for being an awesome reader!!!

Tell me what's your current favorite song? 

Chapter 28.

Stay safe and by safe I hope you know what I mean.

~~

"I can't believe she lied to me."

"I can't believe she lied to me too."

"I can't believe she didn't even care to lie to me" I heard Evan's voice.

"Why would she tell you anything?"

"Because I am her friend."

Alex scoffed, he really didn't seem to like Evan. "Just a friend. I am her boyfriend."

"And she lied to you." Evan taunted.

"Why are you even here?"

"Because I can be."

"Get out, this is my house." Alex's voice stiffened.

"No, Myra is my friend. So I'll stay until she wakes up." Evan said with conviction.

"You are so annoying."

"You are so stupid."

"You are stupider."

"You are annoyinger."

"Just shut up."

"You shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"I-" Evan started to retort just as I groaned.

"Both of you shut up." I muttered, my eyes still closed.

There was something ridiculously funny yet irritating about a soon-to-be lawyer and an IT billionaire fighting like kindergarten kids.

"Myra!"

"You are awake."

"Oh thank God!"

Three different gasps of relief went over the room and I instantly recognized them as Zivah, Alex and Evan.

"Still not dead I see."

Looks like Athena's here too.

I slowly opened my eyes to see three familiar faces hanging over my face I jolted back in shock. "What are you guys doing?" My voice croaked, staring at their worried faces.

One by one they backed away, Alex sat on the chair beside me while Evan stood next to him. Zivah was sitting on the empty space on my bed. And Athena was standing at the door, her left side leaning on the door and arms crossed as she stared at me.

I smiled at them, slowly sitting up and leaning my back on the pillow.

"You lied!" Zivah accused.

"Yes, I thought we had promised to not lie." Alex piped in, hurt clear in his voice.

I sighed, pressing my fingers to my forehead, wondering how I got here. "Did I faint?"

Zivah patted my arm. "Yes, the guards had to call Alex. What happened?"

The last thing I remembered was some guard calling me ma'am and me holding on to the stool as weakness and fatigue wrapped me in its arms.

"I don't know. I think it was exhaustion."

"No, I mean what happened with Ray." Zivah corrected.

"Yeah why would you go there?" Evan piped in, leaning towards me and keep a soothing hand on my blanket clad leg.