22. Do you want to get coffee after this?

Do you have a pen pal? I do, most are Wattpad people :P

Mwah.

Chapter 22. 

Do you want to get coffee after this?

~~~

I was sitting in the café Alex had first taken me, wondering how my life had come to this. It had been two months since I had lost my job at Bianchi Enterprises as a hacker. It had been more than two months since I had last seen Alex. And for the last one month even the media didn't know where the famous eligible bachelor was.

I sighed, placing the coffee mug on the table and leaning my head back, staring out of the window and my mind took me into the memory lane, 8 years back.

I was a teenager then and still deciding on what to do with my future. Among the few friends I had during school, I had one friend that many didn't know of. A pen pal.

We had never physically met but occasionally talked on this app where we could connect with people of similar interests. Sometimes it's easier to share your emotions with people you don't know personally, with people you have never met because you aren't scared that they might judge you. And even if they do, you don't care much because it's just a stranger.

Soon it became easier to talk with her about everything, the ragging at school, the random crushes, family issues, favorite deserts, travel goals, just everything.

I found a friend in a complete stranger.

It was also because of her that I chose hacking as a career.

If you want to do it, do it. If you don't want to, don't. And if you are ever confused, light a candle, close your eyes, make a wish, blow out the candle and go eat some chocolates. Just remember, that wish you made, you must work towards it. That's what you want.

Wishes don't come true unless you believe in them.

She was an old soul caught in a 17 year old girl. She was also the one who first told me about Ray Parker. He lived near her house and she had a crush on him, he was good looking and a sweet talker.

Poor girl didn't know he was to become her nightmare too.

For a few weeks, she was ecstatic, the few dates with him had been amazing, she was happy and I was happy for her. The way she talked about Ray made me think he could be perfect for her. Because she deserved it, she was beautiful, in and out.

She couldn't stop talking about him, his way of eating, his favorite movies, how he smiled, how he held her hands, how with just one gaze he could make her heart skip a beat, how he would pretend to be scared at movies just so she wouldn't feel embarrassed, how he remembered her likes and dislikes and how he made promises and swore to never break any.

And then she suddenly stopped texting.

For a whole week, I had sent over a hundred messages. I didn't have her phone number, I didn't know where she lived. We didn't share addresses and personal contact information because we liked not knowing it. But I regretted never asking her about it.

A part of me knew something was wrong, a part of was terrified for what went wrong. I searched for all over social media but 'Julia' was a pretty common name.

I knew she had one younger brother and one elder sister, her dad was a mechanic who didn't love his children as much and her mother was a chef in a small restaurant. I also knew she liked winter over summers, she preferred to sleep till noon and didn't like breakfasts much. She wanted to be a famous hacker and work for FBI or some secret agency. But all of that seemed useless.