27. Karma is my long lost friend.

SURPRISE UPDATE!!! because I love you all! 

A very important chapter!

Chapter 27

Karma is my long lost friend.

~~~

I was standing at the place I didn't think I would ever see again. I stared at the barred gates and security guards walking around.

The same lady was sitting at the desk again, her feet on the table as she flipped through a Vogue magazine.

"Damn those skinny bitches." She muttered under her breath, staring the pages and turning them violently.

I swallowed blinking and looking around, wondering if this was a wrong decision. No one knew I was here, Alex thought I was with Zivah and Zivah thought I was with Alex, if those two talked now – I would be so screwed.

But I needed to this – to confess.

As much as Ray Parker deserved this, my unconscious mind hadn't been able to sleep for the past many months. The guilt was weighing me down and with each passing second it was drawing a hole in my heart.

Maybe Athena was right – I craved for acceptance.

"Are you going to go in?" the lady questioned, not even sparing me a glance. "Hurry up before the meeting hours end."

Taking a deep breath that I hoped would give me enough confidence, I signed my name and entered the meeting room.

Since he was now a convicted felon, there was a glass barrier between us and that calmed me down. With that barrier Ray couldn't harm me.

I sat down opposite him and picked up the phone. His hair were now cute short, almost gone. There was a tiny bruise on his left cheek and eye as if someone had punched him and his black square specs were broken as they hanged loose on his nose. His shoulders were slumped and he looked in too much agony.

I closed my eyes in pain, unable to take in the sight. "I am sorry." I whispered on the phone.

Ray's voice was as soft and unwavering as always. "I know you did it."

I couldn't blame him for figuring it out. He was after all, incredibly smart.

"I know." I said, not having the guts to look at him.

"What I don't understand is why."

I licked my lips nervously. "Julia Brown."

There was a sight pause and deep intake of breath. I wanted to see the expressions playing on his face but I couldn't, I was too restless.

"How did you know?"

I finally glanced up, looking at his face and then back down. "I became a hacker to figure out what happened to her."

"I was young."

I scoffed. "That's not an excuse."

"I didn't know she would commit suicide." Ray whispered and the worst part was I didn't notice one hint of guilt in his voice. It was a plain emotionless statement.

I looked at his face, scanning it slowly, hoping, praying for a miniscule sight of remorse but there was none. His face was blank as he stared at me through his broken specs.

"You don't regret it." I noted.

Ray shrugged. "I was young." He repeated.

I swallowed, the guilt had previously for putting him behind the bars slowly disappearing. "You are sick!"