29. The pet store called. They want their bitch back.

New! New! New!

Be an active reader - vote, comment, share to get a dedication ;)

Chapter 29.

The pet store called. They want their bitch back.

~~~

I was lying on my bed, cuddled in a Panda blanket. It was past 12 in the afternoon.

Perks of being jobless.

I groaned wondering how I could still feel sleepy after sleeping for over 10 hours. Sighing to myself I closed my eyes again, sinking into the soft blanket. "5 more minutes." I muttered to myself.

I woke up again. It was 2 o'clock.

"Ugh." I stretched my arm trying to find where the vibration was coming from. I had my phone right next to the pillow when I slept, where could it go now?

Following the vibration my hand ended up the end of the bed, on the other side. I started at the phone. "How did you end up here?"

I looked at the caller ID, appreciating the clear screen of my new phone. I had finally got a new phone a few weeks back, with my own money. The blank cheque Alex had given when we first met was still in my bed-side drawer.

"Hey mom." I greeted, picking up the call. It wasn't a surprise that we hardly talked.

"Myra." My mother's silvery voice rang in my ears. "How are you my dear daughter?"

My mother wanted something from me.

"Fine and you?"

"Lovely." Her voice turned sweeter. "So I set you up on a blind date."

I choked on air. This was not the conversation I expected to have as soon as I woke up. "What?"

"He is rich."

I pressed my fingers to my forehead. Of course he would be, my mother chose him. Money was the driving factor in my mother's life.

If I told her about me dating an IT billionaire, she would faint from happiness.

"I don't care." I instead replied.

I could feel the frustration rolling off my mother. "Just one date Myra. You are twenty-five."

"Twenty-three." I corrected.

"Eh same thing. You are old enough to get married."

I scoffed. "Old enough? I am young enough to enjoy my life right now."

"Then enjoy it with this man. He is a doctor. I am telling you Myra, he is such a catch and he'll be coming there for a few days. So make sure you are free Friday evening."

"Mom, no." I answered trying to sound definitive.

But let's face it, when it comes to mother's they always win.

"Myra Collins. His name is Dr. Theo Pine and he will message you tonight. I carried you in my womb for nine months and made you into this young beautiful woman so be smart and go to this date. Bye. Oh and also tell me everything later."

And with that the call was cut.

I stared with resignation at the black screen. "I already have a boyfriend Mom." I whispered in the empty air, hoping somehow my mom heard it.

"I'll just tell this Theo that when he calls." I said to myself, unlocking my phone to check my messages.

There were none.