26. Sometimes we forget to take care of the things we love.

Sofia - Alex's sister.

Chapter 26.

Sometimes we forget to take care of the things we love.

~~

"Have they caught the guy from Athena's hit and run yet?"

Alex looked up from his laptop at my sudden question. "No, the license plate was a fake and the nearby cameras caught the image but he was wearing a cap so his face is not visible."

I sighed, slumping down the couch beside him. "Why would anyone target Athena?" I put up my legs on the table and crossed my ankles.

Alex lightly slapped my thigh. "Feet off the table. How many times should I tell you?"

I twisted my lips in annoyance but reluctantly kept my feet back on the floor.

"I am not sure. But we are tracking it down."

I scratched the back of my neck, staring the plain glass table in front.

"What?"

So lost in my thought, I jolted when Alex's hand touched my shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I lied.

Alex glanced at my fingers which were still on my neck, lightly forming tiny lines.

"You do that when you are anxious."

My hand instantly dropped down. I let out a breathy embarrassed chuckle. "I didn't know that."

"So?" Alex probed.

I sighed, biting my button lip. "I have a guilty confession."

Alex groaned. "What else did you hack now?"

I narrowed my eyes at him in disbelief, twisting my lips. "Nothing. I didn't hack anything else."

"Then?"

"Well." I started, smacking my lips. "You remember how Athena had got a call and that person said Ray was bad?"

"Yes?" Alex drained out the 's', not liking the direction of this conversation.

I smiled guiltily. "That call was from me."

Alex closed his eyes and leaned back, letting his head drop on the headrest of the couch. "What should I do with you Myra Collins?"

Unconsciously my hand reached behind the back of my neck. "Forgive me?"

Alex shook his head, clearly stressed about the problems I was starting to cause. "Does Athena know?"

"Why do you think she hasn't talked to me in four days?"

"She must be pissed." Alex stated.

Pissed would be an understatement. If she could shoot when angry, I would have died over a hundred times by now.

I clearly remembered the day I told her about it – four days back while sipping coffee, unfortunately in a crowded café.

"How are things with Evan?"

"Sexual."

I choked on my coffee, patting myself on the back. I shook my head at her bluntness. How was I still stunned by her words? I should be used to it by now.

I sighed, deciding to change the subject. I'll just ask about it to Evan later.

"How's the work?"

"Better now that you are fired."

I gaped. "I was not fired!"

Athena looked up straw hanging from her lips. "That's what they all say."