42. You say you love him but you couldn't even protect him.

Just wrote the first chapter of my new book - The Boy Who Didn't feel. It's something out of the box for me since most my male lead characters have been bad boys/billionaires and charming. But this is a shy guy who doesn't know how to understand or handle emotions. 

So will the boy who doesn't feel ever know what love feels like?

Hope you like it.

Chapter 42.

You say you love him but you couldn't even protect him.

~~~

After fifteen minutes of vigorous thinking we had come up with a plan – scream and bang on the door till someone opens it.

So we started screaming and hitting the door with our fists.

"Hello!? Open the door."

"We are harmless. Open the door."

I gave Alex a 'what the fuck' look. "Harmless? Who needs to know that?"

Alex shrugged. "You don't know it could be the police out there."

I pointed at the door, motioning him to listen to the childish squeals and yells. "That is not the police." I strained my ears suddenly freezing in shock. "Is that Zivah?"

Alex touched his ear to the door. "And Evan?"

My surprise grew more. "But I locked them."

Alex blinked at me in confusion. "Locked them?"

I nodded. "In my apartment. I didn't want them to be a part of this. I was protecting them."

Alex smirked. "Just like how I was protecting you. You hypocrite."

I pressed my lips together, narrowing my eyes in annoyance. "Don't make good points Mr. Bianchi."

"Oh Ms. Collins, don't fight your love for me."

I couldn't if I tried. It was too overwhelming.

So ignoring his words, I started hitting the door. "Zivah! Evan! Open the damn door, you idiots."

Alex joined in. "Zivah! Worthless dog. Open the door."

"Worthless dog?"

"He's your ex. I don't like him."

"You are my ex. And he might be the one who'll save our asses." I pointed out.

Alex groaned. "Fine. Ziv! Not so worthless dog. Save us."

I fought the urge to argue more and instead blamed my fate for letting me get locked up with this stupid man.

After a few minutes we heard a familiar smug voice. "Haha it doesn't feel so good being locked up now, does it?"

I sighed. "I am sorry Evan. Open the door."

"First promise me that you'll never ever lock me up."

Rolling my eyes I agreed. "I promise."

"Don't roll your eyes. I can hear it." Evan muttered and then the sound of metal clanking came and the warehouse door opened.

My eyes blinked at the sudden light flooding into them.

"Look at you two lovebirds, do the nasty yet?"

I glared at Evan, pushing him aside as I walked out. "None of your concern. But if you must know he's an asshole and we are never ever getting back together."

"Now that's a good plan." Alex mocked, walking past me.

I glared at his retreating back, wishing I could throw a dagger at him.