12. So your type isn't funny, smart and gorgeous?

NEW! NEW! NEW!

Show some love?

Chap 12. So your type isn't funny, smart and gorgeous?

It was a legendary person who said the words, "When there's a way to escape and you still don't take it, ask yourself why you want to stay." That person was me, Myra Collins.

And I had said these words to Zivah a week back when she had claimed that she no longer had feelings for Sebastian but she didn't know how to walk away.

The truth was she knew exactly how to walk away but she couldn't because she had feelings for Sebastian, feelings that seemed to grow every passing day. And feelings that she didn't want to face.

And now after a week, she was using the very same words on me.

"Come on Myra, you only said that." Zivah argued.

I glared at her. "Exactly, so don't copy me. Make your own damn words and quotes."

She simply rolled her eyes. "You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to."

"Yeah I know but I want to." I picked up a peach off shoulder dress and a mint green long gown. "Which one?"

"Why don't you go with red or black?"

I frowned. "Because they are so common. Nope I want something that-"

"-that will make Alex's eyes pop out?" Zivah completed, winking at me.

"No, that will make me different from those rich snobby people." I corrected. "So which one?"

Zivah paused for a minute. "You remember that dress you bought a few years back but never wore it once."

I raised my eyebrows. "There are many such dresses Ziv. I am not exactly a party girl."

She rolled her eyes. "The rose pink one with lace design and off shoulder?"

"Oh yeah! I forgot that." I gushed, finally remembering the dress. It was a beautiful dress that I had bought around a year back, when I was little depressed and Zivah had suggested I shop to overcome the homesickness. Spending $100 didn't really help overcome the homesickness but eating chips, drinking cheap beer and watching Friends on the couch wearing the $100 dress, did make me feel a little better.

I took out a box from the end of my closet, opening it and admiring the dress. It was perfect, it fit the waist really well and came just below the knees. I grinned at Zivah as I twirled the dress.

Zivah grinned back. "Let's get ready now."

Tonight was a fundraiser by our company for young age education and mental health awareness. Alex Bianchi believed that every child if given the resources and proper education, could make a change in this world. And this yearly fundraiser was his way of helping the poor children get the best education. Along with the education, this foundation also helped children facing mental stress, issues and suicidal tendencies.

The help for suicidal people was what motivated me to attend this fundraiser. It was a subject close to my heart.

A few IT departments were always invited but there would be yearly rotation for a few so as to avoid too much crowd. 

And as I stepped out of the cab, I was in awe of the huge Hilton hotel in front of me.

"Good evening Ma'am." The guard at the entrance of the hall greeted politely. "Your pass?"

I removed the tiny golden pass we had got, names written on it in black cursivehandwriting. "Right that way Ma'am." He pointed to the right where I could see a bunch of familiar faces.