Hide and seek

Chapter ten: Hide and seek (Madison's POV)

I went down for dinner that Nick cooked, we ate, talked, joked, the usual and then I went back to my room, stayed up on my phone a little bit before dozing off.

I woke up at eleven the next morning, see how it gets later and later every day? And after freshening up, I made myself tea. For about fifteen minutes, I lounged on the couch, checked my social media and all that and then at ten-thirty I decided to make sure Jacob was up because he hadn't come down here yet.

I left my empty cup in the sink and went upstairs. I knocked on the door but no one answered so I let myself, thinking that he was asleep and I would wake him up so we could leave in twenty minutes or so, but when I opened the door, his bed was empty and made.

Before I could go back out, his bathroom door opened, and in he strolled with only a towel around his waist. His hair was damp while water beads were all over his chest and shoulders.

"Mads?"

Did someone say something?

"Madison."

I snapped out of it. "Hmm- yeah? I just uh- came to tell you we're leaving in fifteen," I said before quickly leaving. I went and changed into my outfit before throwing my hair in a ponytail and pulling converse on before grabbing my keys and going downstairs. I waited at the kitchen counter and he came jogging down the stairs while throwing his shirt on.

"You waited till a minute ago to get ready, didn't you?" I asked knowingly and he nodded. "I'm driving," I stated while walking out the door after sticking a note on the fridge. I got into my car and started it, buckling up before backing out of the driveway and over to the Roberts'. We got there in about five minutes and then got out. We were a little late and we made it there just as Mrs. Roberts was leaving.

"Oh," she sighed in relief while hugging me, "Thank god! I thought something happened. Well, I gotta go," she quickly got in her car and sped away.

"Well then," I opened the door and saw William sitting on their couch.

He was watching Guardians Of The Galaxy. "Maddie!" he screamed while running over to me.

"Hey," I laughed while picking him up.

"Who's this?" he asked. I turned to Jacob.

"I'm Jacob, I'm Maddie's boyfriend," he smirked.

"Maddie!" William pouted.

"He's not! That's your title, I'm still waiting for you," I kissed his cheek, making him grin.

He is such a sweetheart. He has my heart with his baby face, excitement, adrenaline, honesty, and his slight lisp.

"Have you had lunch?" I asked while setting him down.

"Mommy gave me mac n' cheese. I asked for it," he followed me to the kitchen.

"What were you watching?" Jacob asked him even though he knew.

"Guardians Of The Galaxy," he replied with a disapproving frown directed at Jacob.

"What's it about?" Jacob held his hand and walked him back to the couch. They watched the movie while I made mine and Jacob's lunch. Sandwiches are what I'm talking about. I'm not the cook here. I went and sat with them and we all watched the movie.

Once it was over, William stood up. "I wanna play hide and seek, Maddie," he pleaded. "I wanna be on your team," he tugged my hand.

"Alright, Jacob, you're it," I patted his shoulder before standing up. He closed his eyes and counted to thirty and I picked up William and ran up the stairs, into his room.