Chasing

Chapter twenty: Chasing (Jacob's POV)

I was currently waiting for Mads to get ready so we could go on our date. I didn't plan on asking her the way I did. I didn't plan on asking her today at all, but I was asking her before I knew it. Much to my surprise, she said yes but can't say I'm disappointed. I was sitting downstairs in the living room and I heard a door open and close before footsteps followed out. I looked up to see her tiptoeing down. 

"What are you doing?" I chuckled. 

"Getting out before someone sees. We're still sneaking around, come on," she whispered before grabbing my hand and dragging me out. 

Do I even have my keys? 

I checked my pockets and there they were. I opened her door for her and she thanked me before slipping in and I went into the driver's seat, backing out of the driveway and heading for the ice skating place. "You look gorgeous," I looked at her from head to toe. 

She wore a baby blue tank top with a butterfly in the center with blue denim ripped jeans and Adidas shoes. She put some makeup on, I could see the specks of glitter on her face and the hoop earrings she wore also suggested she put in more effort than usual. 

"Thank you," she smiled while glancing back at the house. "Huh, that's weird," she mumbled to herself. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Noah's car isn't there anymore but no one heard him leave," she looked at me in confusion. 

"Maybe we just didn't hear him leave," I shrugged doubtfully. She facepalmed and I already knew what she was going to say. "You forgot your jacket? I thought you would, so I brought you an extra one," I glanced in the backseat. 

She looked at the back before reaching out and grabbing it. "Thanks," she laughed. The place wasn't too far so in about fifteen minutes, we were there. We got there and I parked the car before we got out. She slipped her phone in her back pocket and stopped walking abruptly. 

"Is it just me or is that Noah's car?" she asked in confusion. I followed her gaze and sure enough, it looked exactly like Noah's. Unfortunately, we didn't know his number plate. 

"Only one way to find out," I grabbed her hand and began taking her inside. 

"Jacob, let's go somewhere else. If they're here then-" 

I cut her off, "Then what? What're they gonna do?" I asked and she stayed quiet. "Exactly, come on, this is our date," 

I tugged at her hand. She sighed in defeat before walking in with me. We went to the front, exchanged our shoes for skates and walked over to the seating area to pull them on. I managed to tie mine up before she could and I turned to her to see her nervously scanning the place. 

"Madison," I sighed while kneeling, tying her skates for her. "Breathe," I said while standing up and pulling her to her feet. 

"I'm breathing," she mumbled while clenching and unclenching her hands into fists. 

"Mads," I gave her a pointed look. 

"What if they're here? They're gonna see us and she will absolutely hate-" I cut her off when I kissed her.

"Back to our date?" I asked and she cleared her throat before blushing and nodding. I chuckled and held her hand, pulling her to the rink. She pulled her hand out of mine and tied her hair up in a high ponytail and while she was doing that... "I haven't been skating in so-" I began but got cut off when I fell flat on my ass.