Regret

Chapter thirty-one: Regret (Madison's POV)

Skip to today. Our last day here in Miami. We did so much on this trip in such a short amount of time. We went to the beach, we went to Grapeland water park which was literally like the best thing ever. I love water parks, they are so much fun. We went for some movies, we took a lot of walks and pictures, some shopping; it's easily one of the best trips I've ever been on. 

Anyway, back to the present. We woke up a little bummed about leaving but happy that we came on this trip. Our plan for today was just to lounge around here in the hotel, go swimming maybe and then pack up for our flight at six in the morning. We could have taken a flight for a little later time but nope. 

So here we were, in our swimsuits, in the elevator after lunch, heading to the pool. I would have gone swimming a little later but I'll get a good tan because I don't burn, ha. And we didn't have anything better to do either. For a while, the guys were swimming while Riley and I lay in the chairs, tanning. 

"Have you told him yet?" she asked while putting her phone. 

"Told him what?" I asked in confusion. 

"That you love him?" she whispered. 

I was hoping we could avoid that. 

"No," I sighed while turning to her. 

"I thought you wanted to tell him in Miami?" she sighed. 

"I do but I just- I can't do it. What if he doesn't feel the same way, Riles?" I whined. 

"But what if he does?" she arched an eyebrow at me. 

I hate feeling like this. 

"Look, the point is, do you wanna go home from this awesome trip with a big regret?" she asked and I shook my head in response. "Then I think you should tell him. Plus, why wouldn't he feel the same way?" she asked. 

I have to tell her what Julia said. 

"Because Julia said," I mumbled. 

"What?" she asked in disbelief. 

"Before we came here, Julia showed up at our door. She um- she asked me if I was falling in love with him and I uh- I said yes. She told me that he hasn't ever loved anyone and I shouldn't say it first because he might not say it back," I leaned my head back. Before Riley could say anything, I continued. "Think about it though. Have you ever seen him in a real relationship? Ever heard him say it to anyone? He doesn't even say it to his family, let alone me," I groaned. 

"You mean more to him that his family does, Maddie. You're the only person that's been there with him through it all. You brought him onto the road that wouldn't lead him to stupid decisions," she gave me a pointed look. "He will say it back," she nodded at me. 

Jacob was calling me into the pool so I took Riley with me. She was with Nick, I was with Jacob. "Hey," he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"Hi," I chuckled awkwardly. 

Don't make this awkward for yourself, Madison, please. 

"You okay?" he chuckled while raising his eyebrows at me. 

"Y-yeah," I nodded. "Yeah," I repeated. 

"Mads?" he asked. 

"I'm okay," I shrugged. 

He looked at me suspiciously before ignoring my behavior. We swam around for like thirty minutes before going back up to our rooms. I showered first and came out then began panicking while he showered.