Love?

Chapter thirty: Love? (Madison's POV)

I texted Riley at five, telling her that we're going to the pool for a swim and her and Nick could come along if they wanted and she said she'll meet us there. So here we are, heading to the pool. We took two sun loungers, claiming them by placing our stuff there before Jacob and I went into the pool. 

A minute or two after, Riley and Nick showed up as well. "Great," Jacob sighed while pulling his arms off of my waist. I chuckled as he increased the distance between us when Nick entered the pool. 

I grabbed his hand while we all talked and floated around. "Do you think the hotel has a floaty?" I asked. "I want one to lay on," I looked around for a member of staff. 

"Go ask him," Nick pointed at the guy who was out serving drinks. 

I swam over to the steps and got out, walking over to him. At a closer look, he seemed younger. Probably our age. He had stunning blonde curls that I felt a little envious of with glimmering blue eyes. 

"Hi, how can I help you?" he asked. 

"Um- I was wondering if you have a floaty? Weird question, I know," I mumbled the last bit in embarrassment. 

"Yeah, I'll bring it over," he nodded with a smile before disappearing. 

I got back in the pool and joined everyone. "He was cute," Riley cooed while pulling me away. 

"We're taken," I shrugged. 

He was cute, just not as cute as Jacob. 

"Excuse me," I heard his voice and I turned around to see him bringing a floaty over. 

"Thank you," I took it from him and placed it in the water. 

"I'm Liam," he smiled while reaching his hand out for me to shake. 

"Madison," I squinted a little at the sun while shaking his hand. 

"Weird question," he smiled and I waited for him to continue. "Would you maybe wanna grab some food tonight?" he asked. 

"Um-" I said uneasily. "I'm sorry, I'm not available," I replied. 

"Oh," he nodded, "Tomorrow then?" he asked. 

"No, um- I'm not available to date," I replied hesitantly. 

I felt kinda bad. 

"Hey," Jacob came over and stood beside me.

"That's alright," he smiled at me politely. "You're really pretty, have a great day," he complimented before going back to work. 

I sighed before turning to Jacob. He glared at Liam's retreating figure. "Don't be mean, he was nice," I pinched his arm. 

"Ow," he jumped while rubbing his arm. 

"I didn't even say anything," he defended. 

"You were thinking crap about him and me," I rolled my eyes. 

"I didn't say anything, Mads," he huffed. 

"You were thinking about it," I stated. 

"I think a lot of things," he shrugged. "Especially about you," he smirked. "Do you wanna get on?" he asked while holding the floaty. I nodded before he picked me up and put me on it, resting his arms across my legs, pushing me around.

~~~~~ 

We were getting out of the pool and heading to our rooms. I was talking to Riley while the guys talked about something else. Riley was saying something to me but I wasn't listening, I was staring at Jacob with a smile on my face. She stopped talking and gasped, snapping me out of it.