I love you

Chapter thirty-nine: I love you (Madison's POV)

"Are you crazy?!" I took a few steps back while smacking his chest. "Jacob, I told you not to get me anything too expensive! You are blowing money on me! You took me to this expensive dinner, for which thank you, and you bought me this?!" I looked at him wide-eyed. 

"Can you stop? I got it fifty percent off, I know the owner," he rolled his eyes. 

Oh right, I still haven't told you guys what it is. 

He bought me a gold necklace with a butterfly on, with my initials engraved in the back. Fifty percent off my ass. "Jacob, I can't take this," I pushed the box back in his direction. 

"Yes, you can, it's your birthday, Madison. Just shut up and take it," he huffed, grabbing my waist and turning me around. His fingers grazed my neck as he pushed my hair aside, sending chills down my spine and making me freeze. He placed the necklace around my neck and clasped it shut. 

"Hold on," he said before his lips brushed against my neck. He had to tighten the clasp shut with his teeth. "There," he sighed. 

I turned back around slowly as he handed me the empty box. "I can't keep this, Jacob," I huffed. 

"Too bad," he shrugged. 

"What do I do with this?" I sighed in defeat while looking at the box in my hands. 

"There's a note in there," he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Open it," he nodded. I sighed while opening the box and taking out the note. 

Mads, first of all, stop thinking of ways to pay me back, which I know you are, you don't owe me anything, but if you want to, then you should know that a few kisses will do. Happy birthday, Madison. It's your day and I know you really wanted your parents to be here, I'm sorry they couldn't, and I hope you liked the dinner I planned. Mads, you mean the world to me, and I'm really sorry for everything that happened in Miami. I'm sorry I hurt you, but I wanna make things right. Happy birthday, Mads. I love you. 

I slowly looked up to see him looking right at me. I raised my eyebrows at him, too speechless to say anything. 

"I love you," he said softly. 

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded. 

"Mads, I love you. I loved you before Miami, I loved you in Miami and I love you now. I didn't know I loved you, but when we fought and when we stopped talking, I realized that I really do love you. I'm sorry for everything, Mads. I just had to make sure I told you," he explained hesitantly. 

"Y-you love me?" I smile slightly. 

"Yeah," he nodded with a soft chuckle. 

"You love me?" I asked again. 

"Yes, I love you," he laughed. 

I stepped closer and put my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist. "Say it again," I whispered. 

"I love you." 

And I kissed him. Hard. Of course, I kissed him. 

Oh, I've been dying to do that. 

He pulled me closer, holding me tightly. I smiled into the kiss before pulling away. "Oh, my God, I love you," I laughed before kissing him again. We kissed for a while before he pulled away. 

"Do you wanna go for a drive?" he asked while unlocking the car door and holding it open for me. 

"Sure," I smiled while getting in. He got into the driver's seat and began driving. "Where are we going now?" I asked while pulling my seatbelt on.