Chapter 3

Edited: 7/31/2020

Stiff POV:

I am glad I left my old faction. I left my dad and I am happy I put the shocked, but very angry expression on his face when I chose Dauntless. I met Zeke on the train and I never did come to make friends but he seems like he could be a good one.

We were sitting together at dinner last night with some of his other friends and another transfer from Erudite, Eric. Then two kids come running in but not two little kids. I look up and the boy has a resemblance to Zeke. The girl doesn't look like she is related to them her skin isn't as dark. That's not the first thing I notice though she is gorgeous. She must be dating one of them and besides she is younger and I am not here to date someone. 

They hug Zeke and I feel a twinge of annoyance. They all seem so happy and close where I left my only family and I don't feel any regrets either.  I find out a minute later that they are all siblings and they all seem nice for Dauntless. They seem like a typical Dauntless family that show little fear even though I saw relief in Zeke's siblings faces when they saw that he did stay.

Training has been really fun and I feel like I'm kinda doing good. The transfers are training with the Dauntless-borns. Which is intimidating, but I feel like I am handling myself pretty well. And of course Zeke's sibling are coming in to help out with training. That really shows that the dauntless-borns have some advantage if they are able to have two 14 year olds help demonstrate everything. 

Their names are Tris and Uriah. They are demonstrating a fight and I feel like I don't want Uriah hurting Tris. I know she can handle herself already and that she is very Dauntless. I need to not focus on Tris though. She may be pretty, but I can't afford to like her and mess up in Dauntless. Plus Zeke already warned people to stay away from her and I don't want to do anything to betray Zeke. 

Tris ends up winning I am impressed. During the fight I watch Tris, but then she looks at me so I switch my gaze to Uriah I didn't want her to think I like her. I am honestly not sure how I feel about her yet. She is two years younger, plus has over protective brothers. I decide to just treat her as a younger sibling like how I would treat Uriah. She can't be someone more to me. 

I finish that thought and look around feeling like I was think out loud, but I feel like I'm fine and I notice every single boy is staring at Tris. Zeke will probably beat anyone in here up if they try anything with Tris and besides she can handle herself too. 

I think about how much I want to fit in here so Zeke and I are going to get tattoos. Of course he brought his siblings along. I don't really mind, but I can't be around Tris. I don't want to be someone who ends up with no friends because they started liking someone 2 years younger. I know that shouldn't matter, but that is how I will keep myself from feeling anything more. I might not feel anything towards her just notice her because she is the first girl here I met. Besides Shauna which anyone can see her and Zeke like each other. 

I get the Dauntless flames on my ribs and Zeke gets the flames on his shoulder. Uriah gets a piece of Dauntless cake on his arm. Tris's shocks me she gets some small ravens on her chest. She gets 5 of them. Uriah asks her quietly why. I eavesdrop but look busy so they can't tell. She answers "I got one for all my family, you, Zeke, mom and my other parents.

What her other parents what's that supposed to mean? Is she adopted? That would make sense because she doesn't really look alike with Zeke and Uriah. 

********************************************************
Hey guys thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed!! :)

-Addison.