Chapter 28

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV:

I met Mathew the next day. I also started learning different ways to help him with the lab. Mathew is my age and he makes me wish that I was with Four right now in the city. As much as I miss everyone I am still happy with the choice I made. Mathew and I begin training too. I am perfect at everything, so I often help Mathew with Training. When I help him with knife training it reminds me so much of when I was teaching Tobias of how to throw knives 2 years ago. I can't think of him as Tobias. It makes my eyes water. He is Four the boy who is in Dauntless. 

I turn so Mathew can't see me and I blink a couple of times to get the tears away when my eyes are no longer watering I face Mathew again. I continue helping him train trying to push Four out of my mind. He must notice something is wrong. 

"What happened?" He asks me with concern.

"Umm nothing." I respond. 

"Just tell me. You will be seeing me for a while." He says. 

"I left my Ex Boyfriend behind. I didn't say bye and I broke up with him by a note.  I just... He means a lot to me and when we go back I can't talk to him and he will have most likely have moved on by then and I also miss my brothers and friends. I didn't know it would be this hard to leave, but I needed to leave and I need to be free and get out. " I say. He looks down at his fett so I ask "What is it?" 

"I already know. We have cameras. I just feel bad, but just know Four really cares about you and don't think that you will guys will never be together again. You could so don't worry we can see of we can do something about it when we get there." Mathew says. 

"Thank you." I say. 

"Of course. New friends?" 

I nod. "Sounds good." 

                                                                 ********

It's been almost 8 months. Mathew and I have continues training. I don't like him as more than a friend. He has been helping me deal with missing Four. He took me to the control room the first day after we finished training. He let me look at everyone. Uriah and Zeke were walking by the train tracks. Christina was with Will and Al. Marlene was shopping, but still had some tears falling down her face. Four was training and throwing knives harder then I have ever seen him throw. I left when he stabbed a knife into the table and kept saying "my fault" to himself.

Mathew and I will be leaving to go to Candor tonight. 

"Hey time to go." Mathew tells me. I nod and follow him to the front. Amar is there waiting to drive us to the wall. When we get into the jeep Amar reviews the plan with us. 

"I am driving you to the wall. You guys will climb it. You will get on the train to Candor. Then by the time you get there it will be time to go to the choosing ceremony. You both got the aptitude for Dauntless. Tris your name is Elizabeth Colter and you go by Izzy. Mathew your name is Alex Aires." We nod and no one speaks until we reach the wall. I am nervous. Four could have moved on and I will see him and my family tomorrow. 

I am going back into Dauntless initiation. It is like my do over, but I am not sure how I feel about everything. Mathew and I get out of the jeep, wave bye to Amar one last time and we shoot up our rock climbing gear. No Dauntless are on the guard tonight because they are all getting ready for the choosing ceremony. Once Mathew and I are over the wall we catch the train to the city. 

I must have fallen asleep because Mathew is shaking me awake. "Time to get off." I nod. I see the sunrise. I will be choosing Dauntless for the second time. I also need to make sure I don't react when I see anyone from Dauntless. This time I will complete my initation. I will be Lizzy, with my vibrant blonde hair that they cut shorter, but it is past my shoulders. My green contacts to cover up my blue eyes. Mathew looks the same though because no one has seen him.