Chapter 26

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV

We are still in stage 2. Today the transfers are going on a trip to see the fear landscape room. That means I won't be seeing Four this morning. He hasn't said anything to me since Christina found out. Which was last night. Which I guess is normal except he ignored me at breakfast. Dauntless is my home, but sometimes I wish that maybe I chose somewhere else to live. I am either injured, losing a parent, or hurting. 

Christina is a great friend though, so I hope Four doesn't get mad at her or me for her finding out. At breakfast there wasn't an open seat next to Four, so I sat across from him and he didn't say a word to me. Only looked at me when I sat down. I honestly need more guy friends. There is so much drama.

I can't hang out with Edward from the transfers because he got stabbed in the eye last week. He left to be factionless. Then there is Peter who people say stabbed Edward and I wouldn't put it past him. I do kinda know Will. I should ask Christina first because she likes him and I have a boyfriend, so it wouldn't be close to a date. 

I wait at the exit for the transfers. I need to ask Christina. I don't need to talk to Four right now. When they finally exit from looking at the fear landscape room, Christina is coming out near the middle of the group and Four is last. I don't pay attention to him, because if he wants to talk now it will have to wait. 

"Christina I have a question for you." I say kinda quiet because I don't want everyone around to hear. I'm sure Four does though.

"Yeah, hit me." She responds.

"You like Will correct?" I ask.

"Shush, but yes." She responds. 

"I want more guy friends because of everything going on. I don't like Will, so is it okay if I hang out with him some." I ask.

"Tris, you don't have to ask. He is not my boyfriend. I do like that you asked though. And yeah you can I know you don't like him." Chrsitina responds. 

"Maybe we three should hang out before I just randomly come up to him and ask 'do you wanna do something?'" I say laughing. 

"That sounds good. Tonight?" She asks. 

"Yep." I say.

"Bye." I say.

"Bye." She waves as she goes to have lunch. I already ate. I turn to start walking to find Uriah. Then Four comes up to me.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I say with a little edge in my voice.

"So, you want more guy friends?" He asks. I can't tell if he is jealous or not. 

"Yeah." Is all I say. 

"You know any guy you hang out with is going to fall for you." He says. 

I roll my eyes. Is he serious. If he is jealous then he shouldn't be because I like him and he likes me. Right?

"I don't like them though." I state. 

"Not now. Just-" He starts, but I cut him off.

"Don't tell me who I can hang out with. You hang out with Lauren and Shauna all the time. I never care because I know you. I like you Four. Your my boyfriend and I would never cheat because I know how it feels. If you think I would you don't know me. If you think I am going to hang out with more guys to be with them then you are wrong." I say. 

He shakes his head. "I don't like Shauna she is like my sister and she is with your brother." He says. 

"That is Will. My friend likes him and I wouldn't steal him from her no matter what." I say. 

"I was going to say 'Just have fun by the way'." He says walking away.

I suddenly feel bad. "Four!" I yell a little trying to catch up. "Why were you not talking to me this morning?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Four asks. 

"I was sitting right in front of you at breakfast and you didn't say anything to me." I say.

"I was thinking of the fear landscapes and trying to figure out who is Divergent and I needed to think. I mean it was a little suprising that Christina found out, but I am fine now, but I needed a second." He says.

I let him walk away then. I messed up bad. I walk to my apartement. I don't know what to do about Four. I guess both of us need to cool down. I am creating to many problems in my head. Besides, I am hanging out with Will and Christina in a couple of hours.   

                                                                 *******

I walk through the Pit and finally I spot Will and Christina at some tables. I go over and I sit down with them.

"Hey Tris." Christina says. 

"Hey." I smile at them. 

"What do you girls want to do?" Will asks. 

"I should watch you guys get tattoos." I say. 

"Why don't you get one?" Christina asks. 

"I have a lot." I point to my always on my wrist. The Dauntless symbol on my shoulder. The ravens on my collar bone. "But you guys should get some." I say.

"We should have brought Al. He is always saying how he want to get a tattoo." Will says. 

My eyes widen a little. "No that's okay." Christina says. "He doesn't need to come this time." She says. 

I nod feeling better again. "Here we are." I say pointing at the place. We all walk in and Christina and Will start lookinh around for their tattoos. While they are doing that I see the roman numerals. I decide I do want another tattoo. I grab the little the picture and walk over to Tori.

"I want this one." I say. 

She nods. "Another tattoo?" 

"Yep." I am Dauntless for a reason, I think to myself.

"Oooh." She says. "Is this for a special someone?" Tori asks with a wink.

"Just do that tattoo." I say rolling my eyes. I point to my right ring finger. The tattoo was very quick. 

She puts a little wrap around it. "There we go." She says. 

I nod thank you. Then I see Will and Christina. I can show Christina the tattoo, but not Will. After they get their tattoos we walk around the Pit pointing out different people doing something Dauntless. A little while later we decide to be done for the night. 

"Christina can we talk for a sec." She looks worried, but sends Will away saying she will see him in a couple of minutes.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Look at my tattoo." I show her it. 

"You got another!" She says shocked.

"It's the roman number for four." I say. She smiles. 

"I thought you were gonna tell me that you liked Will or something."

I shake my head. "No just a friend. I wanted to show you, but I couldn't around Will." I say. 

"It looks good. I'm gonna go now. Bye." She says waving. I wave back and head towards the dorms for Dauntless-borns.

Today went okay. At least I know Four isn't mad. I am making new friends. I got a tattoo that shows how much I care about Four. 

I know that I am still Dauntless. No matter what happens.