Chapter 32

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV: 

When I wake up no one else is awake. I was so sure that when I woke up it would be Four waking us up. My knee still hurting I look at it. It's swollen and purple. I hit my forhead. It might be dislocated and how can I win fights with it like this. They may not let me fight if they see it and I will just lose points. 

I am in shorts so I get up and I get black spots in my vision. It hurt's so bad. I start to get my jeans on and I can't get it over my knee. I don't know what to do. If I get the next size of jeans they won't fit, these jeans won't work and I cannot wear shorts or they will see my knee. I need to get leggings. I quickly limp run out the door that way I can buy some before everyone wake up. I get to the Pit and I see Four, Zeke, Uriah and Will. I keep walking and get into the store and grab some leggings and purchase them with my tokens. 

I go to the changing room and put them on in there. If you look at my knee closely you can tell it is swollen. At least it is my left knee, I can still kick with my right. I need to get back to the dorms because if Kylie wakes up and wonders where I am I will have to explain to her where I was and she will feel bad.

I just need to get through the next week and then I can get a brace and I won't be in the physcial part of training anymore. Four spots me limping trying to walk normally. There whole group walks over to me. Uh oh. 

"What's going on with you?" Four asks. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." I say, I need to make up a reason why I am up without Kylie. "I was walking around because I didn't want to wake Kylie up early this morning." I say. 

He nods. He knows we were up training late last night. 

"I am going to go eat, so see you later I guess." I walk as normal as possible and when I am out of sight I let myself stop for a minute. I limp the rest of the way there that way I don't have to strain it when no one is around. I didn't get a chance to go back, but if I do Four will come and I will have to walk normally even longer and it will hurt a lot more. I sit downn at the transfer table and wait knowing they will come soon. I need to ice it tonight. 

When Kylie comes in with the transfers I fake a smile. "Hey." I say.

"Hey. Why didn't you wake me up?" She asks. 

"I thought you would like to sleep some more after being up late last night." I say.

"Oh thanks." She says. 

"You ready to win your fight today?" I ask. 

"Yep. We know you win yours though. Do you think we could do more training tonight?" She asks me hopefully. 

"We can try." I say. I don't go over to my old groups table. I don't want to have to walk anymore than  I need to. Christina though wave me over, so it looks like I have no choice. "I'll see you in a couple of minutes." I say to Kylie.

I get up and make even more effort to walk normally because I know Four will be watching and there are a bunch of others too. I make it to their table and I sit. "Hey." I say. 

"Hi Izzy. I heard you were helping Kylie train last night." Christina says. Taking a piece of toast. My eyes widen and I look down. "Oh don't worry your not in trouble." Christina adds. 

I nod. Then Uriah asks. "So how did you know so much that you were able to help Kylie?" 

"I just read some books on fighting stuff before I came." I say. I don't say anything for the rest of breakfast and I walk with Kylie as fast and normal as I can to training.