Chapter 27

Hey!! Sorry I have not updated for a while. I have just been super busy. I hope you enjoy this long chapter. Also in this chapter I have changed things from what happens in Divergent and even if this chapter looks crazy and different I have a plan and things will be better in upcoming chapters. Thank you and enjoy the chapter.

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV: 

I wake up with a start. I don't know what I was dreaming about, but I do know it was bad. I get dressed and it is dark out. We are underground but the Pit usually gives us light so the sun must not be up yet. After I finish brushing my hair I run to the dining hall. I grab a piece of toast and head to the train tracks. I don't care about getting in trouble at this point. 

It must be me. I mess up everything. I just wish that I could retry everything that has happened it the last two years. Four and I have only had problems lately and it seems like everything is always my fault. I need to find a way to solve my problems. I start to run along the tracks leaving the Dauntless compound behind. 

If I can make it, I can be free. I love Dauntless and my family. I need to get out though. I am not meant to live in this complete ordered society. Maybe there's a reason and it needs to be solved. I run faster and harder then I ever had before. I left a note for them, hopefully they understand and I will always love Four, but we can't be together. This is what I said. 

Dear Uriah and Zeke,  I know it will be you who find this when I don't show up today. I love you both so much. I didn't want to have all of this drama and hardness going on. I left because I needed to solve many problems. Please understand. You guys have been the best brothers and I hope I will see you again sometime soon. If not I love you guys again. 

This part is for Four.  I am very sorry, I know I have done so much lately to mess up. I really care about you. I know what is best is taking myself out of the picture, I think that will help both of us. You were a big part of my life and you helped make me who I am. I hope that you forgive me. I also hope even more that you find the person that will make you the most happy and even if I am not that person. I will be very happy for you and support you no matter what. Good bye Four. 

This part is for Christina, Thank you so much for becoming my friend these past couple of weeks. It means a lot and as much as you helped me I still need to leave because there is something I need to do. I am so sorry. I really hope I can see you again soon. 

This part is for Marlene, I am sorry. I should have been a more supportive person and I know I messed up. You were an amazing best friend for my entire life. You helped me through so much and it was very fun being your friend. I missed you these last couple of weeks. I really hope you make friends that will all care about you as much as I do. Thank you Marlene.

I left that note on the table. I know they will read it today. But by the time they do I will be to far gone. Last night after I got my tattoo of Four I grabbed some supplies. I got a gun and bullets. Rock climbing gear and plenty of food. I hear the train coming on the tracks and that's when I run again and I swing myself into the train. 

I sit down with my back pressed against the wall. I need to ride all the way to the fence. There will be Dauntless of patrol. I will make them let me through. They might alert my family, but by the time they reach the wall I will be out of sight. I continue to sit on the train. I will be there around more in the afternoon. My family may know already. 

Four POV:

I wake up pretty late and I have to scramble to get ready. I get to the dining hall and grab a muffin which I bring with me to the room where I will be doing fear landscapes. I need to apologize to Tris today. She felt like I was not speaking to her and I told her I wasn't jealous, but I was. I was honest about the part with Christina. She shouldn't assume things, but I should have told her how I felt about her hanging out with Will.