Chapter 9

Edited: 8/02/2020

Stiff POV: 

Last night during candor or dauntless I was asked to kiss my crush. I honestly don't think I have one and I didn't want to admit it when everyone else has one so I just took off my shirt. If I am being honest I might end up liking Tris, but she also feels like a little sister, so that makes it more confusing. I know she is really pretty though. I took off my shirt because I didn't want to admit to anything. 

We have knife throwing in training. I don't know if the Pedrad Twins are going to be there because technically they shouldn't know how to throw a knife. I know Tris does. I remember her teaching and when she grabbed my hand to help me I felt like I was different person or someone important. I was so confused about what to do or how to feel, but she just broke up with her boyfriend so I don't how she's going to be feeling or acting about anything right now.

I arrive at the dining hall with Zeke and we sit down and less than a minute later Tris and Uriah come racing through. I forgot she got her hair dyed last night. Her hair look really pretty. No don't think like that. She's wearing a new outfit that looks nice too. They sit down and Tris says "I won and you started before me." 

"whatever." Uriah says annoyed. They both get a muffin from the middle of the table and I see a new tattoo on Tris's wrist. It says 'always'. I wonder what it means to her. 

Me and Zeke get up and he asks "Are you guys going to be at training today because it's knife throwing?" 

Tris answers. "Yeah we will be there, I have a surprise when it starts." She looks at me. I smile because I know what she is talking about and me and Zeke walk away. 

While we are on the way to the training room we hear screams. We turn around and see Tris and Uriah racing. Tris is faster by a lot so she passes us first. Me and Zeke look at each other and we start running. Still Tris is faster so we don't catch up to her, but we beat Uriah.

"I beat everyone." Tris says with a smile. Uriah rolls his eyes at her. 

"What's the surprise?" Zeke ask her anxiously. He will know soon. 

"Wait till training starts." Tris says. Zeke looks a little disappointed, but cheers up and talks about how he'll be the best at knife throwing and I see Tris smirking at him.  Eric walks in oh no I think. He walks over to us and puts his arm around Tris. 

"Hey babe." She throws his arm off of her and flips him and says 

"Leave me alone or I will do worse." Her brothers look shocked. I'm not she's stronger then they think she is. Eric limps away.

Amar walks in and says "Okay everyone we are learning how to throw knifes today." 

I hear Zeke say to the twins "Too bad you can't show us how to do that." He says it with sarcasm. I keep myself from smiling that'll come back to him in a minute. 

"Today Tris will be demonstrating." 

"What you don't know how to throw knives." Zeke and Uriah both say. 

"Says who?" She says. 

She lines up with the target breaths in, aims, breaths out and throws. Dead center. "What?" Uriah says. She throws two more and they hit the center too. 

"You can start." Amar says. I look at Tris and she nods. On my first throw I hit the dead center. Tris smiles. Uriah and Zeke both look at me. 

"How did you do that?" Zeke says. 

"I had a good teacher." I respond with a sly smile.

I watch as everyone struggles with it and I keep hitting the targets center. Eventually Tris comes up to me and says "Wow these are good for your first try." 

"Yeah my first try." We both laugh. I don't know what to say to her. I want to say something about her tattoo. "I see you got a new tattoo." I say. 

"Yeah, I got it last night." She says. I want to ask what it means, but I don't want to be pushy.

"Last night during candor or dauntless you didn't do your dare. So... Who's your crush?" She asks. Uh oh. 

"A person." I respond because that's what she said last night. 

"See that is already taken I used that so...who?" I laugh. 

"A dauntless." 

"Ah" She says and rolls her eyes. 

"I am actually not sure how I feel about them yet." I say and for a second I feel like I should not have said it, but I should be honest with her. "What about you who's yours?" I ask and now I am nervous. 

"Like I said." She says. "A person." 

"Oh okay." I say and now I roll my eyes. 

Then Tris screams and falls into me. I catch her. What happened. I notice a knife sticking out of her middle back. Her stomach. That's really not good.  I'm holding her on the ground and she's unconscious. I see Eric facing our direction. Her brothers come running with Amar. 

"Take her to the infirmary." Amar says 

"And hurry." Zeke says. 

"Wait you guys want me to take her?"I ask very unsure about all of this. 

"Yes your already holding her and we can go get our mom." Zeke says. 

"Go!" screams Uriah. 

I run with her in my arms and take her to the infirmary. As soon as I get in and they see the blood from her back and stomach covering her shirt and dripping to the ground. They put her on a stretcher and take her from me. I stand there waiting for the Pedrad's. Minutes later they come running in with their mom. I say "They took her and they are helping her now." Then I sit down. I don't know what to do with myself. 

As much as I don't want to admit it, there is a very little chance she will survive that. What is worse is the fact Eric did that just because of a dare and her not liking him. That is beyond messed up. 

***********************************************************************************************

Hey guys thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed!! :)

-Addison.