Chapter 5

Edited: 8/01/2020

Stiff POV:
I leave the Pedrad's apartment with Zeke both of heading towards the dorms. Tris came back from her "hang out." She has a boyfriend now and I guess that isn't shocking. It was weird waiting around for her with her brothers. It seems everyone in that family knows someone that they like and I am the outsider. No one likes me not even my dad. 

I get back to the transfer dorms and I untie my shoes. I need to get through initaitation and I can be an outsider without having to deal with being in a room full of people almost all the time. Part of me wishes that just once I would have someone who cared about me and put me before themselves. I know the Abnegation in me would see that as selfish, but it's weird not having someone like that. My mom did care about me, but she is dead. 

The next morning I get up and I shower and get ready for training today. I put on my jeans and a black shirt. I go to the dining hall and I see Zeke and Shauna sitting together and Shauna laughs most likely because Zeke said something stupid or funny. 

"Hey man." Zeke says. 

"Hey." I say. 

"Are you good?" He asks looking at me as though I could explode any minute. Maybe I would. 

But what do I tell him. "Nothing just tired not used to this schedule yet." I say. That is partly true, but I also would rather not have to deal with this. Any of these people fitting in. I couldn't be Abnegation because of Marcus, but if he wasn't how he was would I have stayed? Will I ever fit in at Dauntless? 

Of course a couple of seconds after I sit down Tris and Uriah walk in. I see her smile when her boyfriend comes up to her and Uriah glared at him, but keeps walking to our table. Hoping silently Tris doesn't come to our table with her boyfriend. But of course she does. They sit down and she is next to me. This day is going great. (Note the sarcasm.) Am I mad because she has someone that cares about her or for some other reason?

I'm interrupted from this thought when Zeke asks me "Are you ready for the fights today stiff?" 

"I guess." I say honestly right now I have so much anger I am sure I could win a fight easily. Me and Zeke get up to go to training. 

Uriah says "Tris and I will be there soon."

We leave and go to the training room and we warm up and get ready to fight. Uriah walks in with an angry looking Tris. Zeke notices and goes over to them I follow him wanting to know what's going on. I also see Eric look over at us and I see an expression cross his face. Is it jealousy?

"What's up with you Tris?" Zeke asks. 

"My 'boyfriend' didn't want me to come to training he said that I would probably flirt with guys in here or cheat on him." 

Wow is all I can think. "Did you tell him you wouldn't do it?" 

"I-" starts Tris but is cut off by Uriah. 

"Yes in fact she said that he could come. And be he got mad at her for only caring about what she wants and he stormed off." 

Zeke looks angry. "I'm gonna kill him." He says.

"If you get to him before I do." Uriah says. Tris smiles a little, but anyone can see she is still mad. 

Tris looks up at me for a second but then goes back to looking at her feet. Did she want me to say something or is wondering why I am over here. I mean I don't really know her and I don't even think we are really friends even if Tris said we were yesterday. 

"Well I leave you guys to your family stuff." I say and start to walk away. I expect Zeke was the one who grabbed my arm, but I turn around and it was Tris. 

"No you can stay I feel bad I shouldn't be talking all about my problems let's just do train guys." She says to me and the boys. 

I look around maybe her boyfriend should be jealous I mean ever my guy in here except her brothers are watching her. I am not looking at her as much as the others, but every guys here thinks she is pretty.

We go through training today and me and Zeke both have fights. Thankfully we both win. After training we head to the dining hall and Tris's boyfriend asks her if they can talk. They walk over across the dining hall and I can see Zeke eyeing them. She comes back after a couple of minutes with him and they're holding hands.

Is it bad that I wish that they did breakup? I don't know if it is that I am mad that they care about each other and have someone to be with or it's that something about Micheal rubs me the wrong way. If Zeke and Uriah think it's okay though I should too. It's not that bad anyone Micheal and Tris must have worked it out and that works I guess. 

Tris and Micheal leave after a couple of minutes. I decide I just want to go to bed because I am very ready for this day to be over so after saying bye to everyone I leave and head through the hallways towards the transfer dorms. 

I hear voices and recognize them as Tris and him. 

"I'm so happy we made up." He says. 

"Yeah. Me too." Is all she says. 

"Did you see the guy at your table he looked mad. I bet he likes you." Her boyfriend says. 

 "No he is probably just over protective he is friends with my brothers so I am just a little sister to him. He doesn't like me." She says as though it is the only answer. 

Is that true? It must be because I can feel that there is something wrong with Micheal, but I am not in charge of Tris and I don't want to care anyway.  I can see them but they would be able to see me. I see him kiss her. And I walk away I can't watch this.

****************************************************
Hey guys thanks for reading!!! Don't forget to comment and vote!! :)

-Addison.