Chapter 14

I'm Going to Try and make a longer chapter because there are not going to be to many until Tris's initiation. Thanks and enjoy reading!! :)

Edited: 8/03/2020

Tris POV: 

Today is the final day. They are going through their fear landscapes today and then finding out their rankings tonight. I'm nervous. I know Zeke is going to make it into Dauntless, but I can't help, but be scared. 

I'm in the dining hall with Uriah and Marlene. Waiting for them to come back from the landscapes. I feels weird doing it without Amar. He jumped or fell into the Chasm a couple of days ago. I don't know what happened. It hurts too because he was like Uriah and Zeke's second dad, but my third dad. I miss him a lot. It was a sad morning. We had a funeral, but I still don't feel better about what happened to him.

Then Zeke, Four and Shauna walk in. They sit down at our table all a little but pale, but the otherwise look fine. "How did it go?" I ask. 

"Terrifying." Zeke says without sarcasm. 

"Yeah it wasn't something I would wish to do again." Shauna says. It's quiet for a little bit. 

"Four?" I ask. 

He looks up "Oh yeah, it was intense, but I think I did decent." I nod. We sit in silence for a little and then Xander comes in. 

"Tris can I talk to you for a minute." 

"Sure." I say and I get up and walk out with him. 

Our relationship has been going pretty good. "I care about you a lot and I am really sorry. But I want to breakup. I hope we can-" 

"If you say hope we can still be friends. I will punch you." I say mad. 

"Sorry." He says. 

"It's fine. Why do you want to breakup." I say rolling my eyes because it's not fine. No where near fine. 

"I just feel like I'm in the wrong relationship." He says. 

"I understand." I respond because I do more than I would want to admit. 

"I'm sorry." He says. 

"It's okay." I say. I walk away and go back into the dining hall. 

"Marlene. Can you come with me." She nods and we walk out I don't look at anyone because I don't want any of them to ask what's wrong. 

"What happened?" She asks. 

"He broke up with me." I say. I feel like I am close to tears, but I don't cry I don't want to seem like I am weak.  I don't though. We keep walking and we pass a hallway and I look down it. I see Xander kissing another girl. Marlene sees it too. 

She pulls me away and takes me to my room in my apartment. I sit down on the floor. She leaves the room and comes back with some ice-cream and some spoons. "What did he say?" She asks after a while. 

"He said he doesn't feel like he was in the right relationship." 

"Was he cheating on you because he was kissing that girl." 

"I don't know." I say and that's when the tears come. I trusted him and again I was left. 

Why does it hurt so bad? I thought about breaking up with him before and now that we are over it hurts really bad. "It's okay." she says. 

Then everyone walks in and they see what's going on. "He didn't" Uriah says. 

"He did." Marlene says. Zeke gets more ice-cream and spoons and everyone eats with me until it's time for the rankings. I kick everyone out of my room except for Marlene and Shauna and they help me get ready. Lynn said she didn't know anything so she just sat on my bed.